Integrating Sonoff Mini with ST. My findings

I haven’t seen much on this lately and was having some trouble figuring out how to get into the Mini R2 DIY mode without the jumper. I tried using the c to c solution and it worked pretty well until my Ewelink connection had to be reset, so I figured I would give Tasmota a try. This is what I came up with to flash my 4 mini R2s with Tasmota and get them connected to Smartthings.

1. Power on - hold 5-6 sec twice until steady flashing blue LED
  2. Connect pc to wifi network now transmitting from device ITEAD-XXXX, p/w 12345678
  3. Enter IP 10.10.7.1 in browser and connect to Sonoff DIY page
  4. Start sonoffDiy hotspot on phone with p/w 20170618sn
  5. On Sonoff DIY page, enter sonoffDiy pw 20170618sn, click OK and wait for Wifi Configuration is complete notification
  6. Check device is connected to phone sonoffDiy hotspot
  7. Connect pc to sonoffDiy hotspot
  8. Open Sonoff DIY flashing tool–device should be visible in window (get tool_01DIY85(3.3.0).exe from GitHub - itead/Sonoff_Devices_DIY_Tools )
  9. Select tasmota-lite (get from Releases · arendst/Tasmota · GitHub )
  10. Select device–not easy…play around until it will flash, usually have to cancel and tray it a second time
  11. After device restarts, tasmota-XXXXXX-XXXX wifi should be available
  12. Connect to it on pc and 192.168.4.1. Tasmota page should open
  13. Enter home wifi credentials very carefully and enter
  14. Connect pc to home wifi
  15. Device will connect to home wifi–check on router for IP address and note MAC and IP with sticker on device
  16. Set static IP address for this device on router
  17. Enter this IP and Tasmota page will open
  18. Go to configuration>configuration other and paste template from Sonoff Mini Switch Template for Tasmota and select activate.
  19. Download Tasmota Connect Smartapp and device handler using instructions from [RELEASE] Tasmota (Connect) for Sonoff, Tuya, SmartLife & other ESP8266 devices) and GitHub - hongtat/tasmota-connect: Add your Tasmota devices as SmartThings devices
  20. Open Tasmota Connect smartapp>new device>select which type of device>name it> click done>set IP address
  21. Now your Sonoff Mini is a Smartthings connected device!
1 Like