Innovelli Light/Fan switch

I know I have seen a bunch of people asking how to resolve the issue of not having an extra wire for the light on a fan… I just cam across a new pre-order for Innovelli that looks to resolve that. If I am reading it right, it is Z-Wave to the switch and RF to the light/fan. Someone tell me if im reading right that this would resolve the problem of only having a wire for the fan…

https://inovelli.com/shop/smart-light-switches/zwave-smart-switches-gen2/z-wave-fan-light-switch-pre-order/

Tagging @Eric_Inovelli

You are correct. The switch itself doesn’t control the light and fan loads. It send communication to the module in the canopy. So you only need 2 wires (+ground) in the switch box.

Confirming what @prjct92eh2 said :slight_smile: – thanks for checking us out!

This is awesome, I will pre-order

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli do you have a GitHub for all the device handlers so it would be easier to deploy to Smartthings?

Yessir!

1 Like

Don’t install it too early. Custom device handlers go stale and cause the device to pair but not be added to SmartThings.

Just confirming that this was a joke, right?

unfortunately not. There’s a long running bug where custom DTH go “stale”. You go to pair a device, it acts like it pairs, but nothing ever appears in SmartThings. If you re-publish the DTH, reset/exclude the device, and then re-pair it works properly.

2 Likes

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.