I’m wondering if anyone has setup motorised blinds or curtains? There’s a few posts around on the forums but information is really limited. I’ve found some info on somfy, dooya, fibaro 222, but there’s no start to finish project where I can find all the information I need. At the moment, I have totally manual venetian blinds in some windows and curtains in others. I’m not opposed to replacing these if it is easier with other methods or building things with non-purpose built motors. I’m looking for someone who has done a project that can give some advise.
The end goal is to have them integrated with smartthings. I’m starting with nothing.
Does anyone have any info on:
- Should I start with getting motorised blinds that have nothing to do with smartthings initially?
- Should I get 240v mains or battery operated?
- Where can I buy motors? Or where can I buy blinds + motors?
- If I go 240v, I think the z wave options are fibaro 222 and qubino flush shutter?
- If I go battery operated, I assume they will be RF controlled so would need some sort of RF blaster connected to smartthings? Or a Logitech harmony?
- What are my options for integrating with smartthings?
- What should I avoid?