Ikea Symfonisk playing specific track

Is there a way to get the speaker to play a specific track from SoundCloud, tidal, mp3 or something when a button is pressed?

You can define presets (Favorites or My Sonos?) in the Sonos app. It can be a track or a playlist from local network or a music streaming service. And you can use Sharptools.io’s Rule Engine to assign an action to a button to start the preset. I am tagging @joshua_lyon who will be able to help you with that.

1 Like

Great, I’ll look into it!

In general, isn’t it a bit sad for Samsung that their smart home offering is depending on external people writing code for them, and that the free platform turns into a subscription model because Samsung cannot deliver?

I tend to look at it from the other side of things. It’s impressive that SmartThings has built such an open platform that enables devices makers, the community, companies, and hobbyists to extend the platform!

In a world where Amazon, Google, Apple, etc are building walled gardens (eg. they’ll connect your device into their platform, but they’re not letting the data/control out), SmartThings is providing an open platform that people can build upon.

While SmartThings has a pretty massive list of devices they support, there’s always going to be some esoteric device or functionality they don’t support directly. With some platforms, that would be the end of the story. But with SmartThings, you can depend on the community to come up with creative ways to get things done!

1 Like