I’ve just got my hub, a motion detector, and a dimmer to do 3 things for the kids’ room:
- Motion detected based lights on/off.
- 30 minute slow ramp up of bright lights at wake-up time.
- 30 minute slow ramp down at bedtime (really helps with “I’m afraid of the dark” problems).
But I have a much bigger wishlist:
- Dawn/dusk based on/off cycle for front porch lights for security reasons.
- Motion based front porch lights for convenience.
- Moisture sensor for auto-spraying of tropical plants.
- Shoes on shoe rack detection/alarm for training kids to put shoes away when arriving home. Will use rfid tags inserted into shoe soles.
- Dry cat water dish alerts.
- Humidity control system for reptile/terrarium setup.
- Forgot-to-flush alarm for kids. I already built this using arduino, a float switch, and a pressure sensor, but want to integrate into ST system.