HUE Bloom showing always online (even when unpowered)

I have added a Phillips Hue Bloom directly to ST. It was added and it was showing Missing Tile. Then I adjusted the Type to Hue Bloom and it started to show correctly on the app and on the web interface. But I can’t control it and it shows as Online even when I leave it unpowered.

Any clues?

I have the same problem, but after doing some research it seems that a direct connection from ST to a Hue light is not officially supported. I’m currently trying to find some DTH’s that might work but haven’t had any success so far. I’m at exactly the same point you are…

Which is weird, because ST finds the device, adds it, and there is even a type Bloom.
I wonder if it will work if I buy a Hue Hub because I read that once you pair with ST it no longer work with the Phillips Hub anymore.

Have you tried this DTH? It’s for a lux device but might work for the bloom.

Yes, from what I understand, buying a hue bridge will allow you to reset the connections no problem. I’m going to try the generic DTH kindly posted above in the morning and let you know. If not, I’m probably gonna go for a Hue Bridge - unless I find another DTH in the meantime.

I wasn’t tired, so decided to try it just now - and it works! However, only on/off and brightness works. There’s no colour control - So still the red light. I’m going to see if there’s a colour version of this DTH! :slight_smile:

Thanks Ryan!

Following on from the fact the working DTH was a Zigbee handler - I switched over to the Zigbee RGBW Bulb handler and now have control over on/off, brightness and colour. It’s a bit clunky, but I’m pleased. There also appears to be a slider control for colour warmth - but doesn’t appear to work. Expected really perhaps…

It’s certainly a good place to start! :smiley:

You mean you are not using the DHT that Ryan780 mentioned above. You are using the type Zigbee RGBW Bulb for Bloom?

Yeyyy it worked!!!
Damn that I just ordered a hue hub =/ unnecessary :frowning:

Sorry for the delay getting back, but it looks like you figured it out. Yes, just the Zigbee RGBW.

I’ll run this as is for now, but will order a hub if I get any more lights.

1 Like