Hub Firmware Beta 0.35.x

I wonder if that will keep the scene controls active…

It should, but try it and report back.

Well I switched the DH back to the stock Zwave Switch and now the automations won’t recognize it as local… Weird… It was working previously.

Did you try to edit/save the automation again?

Yep, I reset the DH back to the Zooz. Then back to stock. Then made a new automation and it still doesn’t recognize it.

[Edit] OMG… This is weird. Now its showing the L…

Lol good. Could have simply been a caching issue. At least it’s showing correct now, right? Do the scene controls still work?

Well it’s back to acting weird again, and no the scene controls do not work inside the smartlight app.

there are no standard z-wave switch or dimmer DTH that have button capability for scenes

2 Likes

Thought I had found a use case with my SmartThings 2019 smart metering plug, until I realised it is cloud execution :man_facepalming:

Anyone managed to get this device running locally

1 Like

It a GREAT news to hear that automations go local execution.

It would be great if bulit in “zigbee-multi-switch” DTH gets local execution.

Lots of people in South Korea, use zigbee-multi-switch for wall switches.
It’s cultural thing but regardless it’s home or commercial building, almost every wall switch here is multi switch, unlike in United States.

1 Like

Check out the tutorials and other information about building custom rules if you want to go beyond what is offered in the mobile app.

Rule Helper Tutorial

1 Like

I found the same with some of my bathroom lighting automations. Switching on will run locally but switching off wont. I’m just starting to play around now.

I would imagine the Smartthings platform will gain popularity in SK if your multi switches connect localy, especially as you say culturally zigbee switches are an accepted standard, fascinating.

1 Like

Same here in Cyprus. Most of our switches are multi-switches, Although i had the foresight to limit them to just 2 in my house.

Really !!! Now I would have thought Cyprus was stuck in the 50’s with electrical installations like the UK, yes I appreciate the UK is advanced in its specifications and electrical codes but the practice of running cables for each switch is very 50’s

Really didn’t know that Andreas.

Sorry got confused. I meant that we use switches with many buttons so that a zigbee multi-switch with local execution would be great to have.

And there was I thinking Greece was as advanced as South Korea :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: having been there alot I kinda know… its not quite :joy:

hahahha not a chance! Btw Greece and Cyprus are not the same.

2 Likes

Yup fair point Andreas, my bad

1 Like

I started a seperate thread on this but in case the beta firmware is the issue, has anyone else run into problems access devices and/or scenes via ST on a TV? I only realised that everything was gone yesterday which seems coincidental with the beta rollout.