How to pair Ikea Fyrtur blinds?

Problem is that your remote battery will drain in no time. I got Aqara buttons and those work perfect.

I have two blinds, left and right on a single window. In the smart things app I can control them individually, but how can I can control them together, I e. a single button press to open/close both at once?

I was able to get the IKEA remote paired and it controls both of them together, but I don’t always have a physical remote nearby.

I tried setting up a virtual remote, vDev controller, but was never able to figure out how to tie the blinds to it. I wish smarttings would allow them in lighting groups.

Unfortunately SmartThings only supports grouping for lights and cameras. The closest you could get is probably creating scenes to control both at the same time. Probably one scene to open both and one scene to close both.

Just create a virtual switch with 2 routines connected (visually cleaner) or two scenes if you want to handle advanced scenarios.

But I use Google Assistant’s open/close blinds command, it works like a charm, and no need to unlock a phone.

I would like to add for anyone trying to reset the shade while keeping it connected to smartthings: (maybe you need to reset the down position and you reset it, or it is not working correctly, and the 15 minute “remove the battery” does not work)

Do not delete from the app.

Reset the shade.

Pair: I needed to ADD DEVICE - Partner device- IKEA-Add without QR Code-Cant find your Device? then select Window treatment. THEN Press and hold the two buttons on the shade for <5 seconds or until it blinks.

There is no indication it works, however the lights will stop blinking on the shade. Back out of the app pairing, and you will see that it is now controlling the shade.

If it didnt work, remove the battery from the shade for 15 minutes, then try again. A bit janky, but at least you do not have to reset all your routines.

–FYI, it seems like every other hub upgrade one of my ikea shades loses connection. I have to remove the battery for 15 minutes, then close the door to get it to work.