So, in terms of the hue. I will be adding hue bulbs to the back of the house and hue bulbs to the exterior and interior of the office building. The external lights are about 20m apart but there is clear line of sight. I’m hoping this will be ok. The internal bulbs will then be obstructed by just a timber all. Hopefully this will work and allow the sensor to function ok?
In terms of Z-wave. I followed you advice and took the following steps:
- added a z-wave plus aeotec 5 smart switch to the office. This works well, although there is a pretty consistent 2 second lag.
- I placed a fibaro motion sensor in the office also, carried out a z-wave repair and waited 24hrs.
The results are better but slightly inconsistent/odd:
- regular temperature and illuminance readings.
- tamper and case opened readings almost instantly
- there appears to be a large delay in motion readings - sometimes of 4 minutes or so. Not sure why.
I have carried out a range test on the motion sensor and get: green pulse -> yellow pulse -> solid yellow -> green pulse, and so on. My understanding is that this means it is connecting via other devices - not directly to the hub.
In terms of where I go from here, I’m not really sure.