How can i best make use of this community. Thanks

I am new smart home user and want to know what more devices I can buy and scenes and automations i can create. Can anyone guide me how I can make use of this community for the same, thanks

There is a search button just above the title of your post… start there and here.

1 Like

Welcome! Also check out @jdroberts beginner’s guide. There is a link to the wiki pages that might offer a lot of insight.

3 Likes

Welcome! :sunglasses:

First things first: this community is specifically for users of the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home Automation platform. So all of the questions and answers are in that context.

It is a very busy forum, so it often comes up near the top of General Home Automation searches on google, but it is not a general forum. So if you aren’t planning to use the Samsung SmartThings platform, you will probably be better off on a more general site.

Reddit has some good subforums on home Automation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/

And if you like top level discussions before you get into the the technical details, the Ambient has some very good articles:

There are a number of other good sites as well depending on your particular interests.

I also wrote a long post here about questions to ask yourself before starting a Home Automation project that might be of interest:

If you are planning to use the Samsung platform, we’ll need to know what model SmartThings ™ Hub you are using.

5 Likes