I’m considering a new project to secure my home because I love stuff like this. Here’s my idea and note that I don’t own any of this equipment and is an ideal solution. It can be built up in stages.
What do you think and do you have any experience of any of these components, or suggestions?
- A SmartThings Hub.
- A broadband router with 4G failover (PAYG SIM).
- A UPS to keep the router alive.
- A box to keep the router and hub in which is secured by a smart lock - fixed to the wall.
- An indoor siren.
- Door and window sensors.
- Presence sensor.
- Lock for trip switches (or trip cupboard).
- Dummy siren box outside.
- Ring Floodlight Cam outside (maybe two).
- Smart lights which will flash different colours if the alarm sounds.
- Maybe a Cocoon camera for indoors.
I want to make it as difficult as possible for a burglar because I have been burgled before at two different properties and they both had standard alarms.
- Should not be able to trip the power if they enter the building. If they manage it, then the hub and router should continue to work.
- Doesn’t take any notice of an outdoor siren - no-one does.
- Should not be able to unplug the hub or router.