Hitachi wireless speaker integration?

(Christopher Filip) #1

I have recently purchased a couple hitachi wireless speakers, and will probably buy more. Is anyone else familiar with these speakers? Has anyone attempted to integrate these into smartthings?

(Robin) #2

Looks like they are primarily controlled via Bluetooth with the wifi used just for audio streaming from Spootify etc.

The Bluetooth radio in the ST hubs have never been activated so you’re all out of luck there.

It does have a 3.5mm audio input, so could be hooked up to an Echo Dot, but then it would just become an overpriced speaker.

(Christopher Filip) #3

They are connected to my home network over wifi and I stream music wirelessly to them from a western digital nas. They may be Bluetooth enabled, but I do not utilize that function with them.

Hopefully these links help.

(Christopher Filip) #6

I got it to work. Thankyou.

(Llcanada) #7

@cfilip1980 Can you share how you got the Hitachi Wi-Fi Speaker working? Nevermind got it working.

(Clarence Kornegay) #8

I’m new to smartthings and the wife purchased a few of these speakers. Can you clarify what method you used to get them to work? Thanks

(Llcanada) #9

@Clarence_Kornegay I use the Media Renderer link is below. if you need anything else let me know. I really like these speakers and Walmart has them on sale as they are trying to get rid of the inventory that they have. If I can be of any more help let me know. Thanks

RELEASE Generic Media Renderer (DLNA Speakers). Cheap Sonos Alternative (Update V2)