Hire Recycle timer / repeat on off command / cycle smartapp developer?

so tell me about this approval process so they just decide to “not approve” certain things for whatever reason? but as soon as the code is written you can start using it before they decide weather or not to approve right? that’s where i have to have people copy and text whatever is written right?

Pi3 + ST = <3

I am using a Pi3 to integrate AT&T Digital Life into my ST hub. You can have the Pi3 controlled by ST, not a problem. You wouldn’t need the zwave plug anymore, but you’d need a relay module for the Pi3.

so the benefit of this would be that it would be running locally at that point right? so the cloud turns it on tells the pi3 to start functioning and then it takes it from there … do you have an example of the interface that users would be adjusting in the pi3 is that an entirely separate app? do they make outdoor versions? or weather proof enclosures?

There’s really not a lot to talk about. No approval needed to run code in cloud. One day an approval might mean your code could run local. Don’t hold your breath, and don’t worry either. Platform isn’t ready for that.

It’s up to you if you want it ST-controlled, or web-controlled, or both. Pi3 can talk to ST via REST API endpoints (from Pi3 to ST) and via HubAction (ST to Pi3). It’s a linux machine with a relay module that controls power to your mist. You can make it do whatever you want it to do. ST could for example expose an on/off button and two inputs that control the on and off intervals. This is just one of the many ways you can get that done. There are other approaches as well, I think Arduino Shield is another option? Up to you to weatherproof it, they don’t come with that, though if you google…

Great for prototyping and customer one-offs, but not meant for mass production. The supply of these is low and they are far too costly (even wholesale).

Lots of things will fly in proof-of-concept, but the production design has to be much more lean than a rPi (etc.).

2 Likes