Hiding devices!, I found the way!

Today we have a new feature implementation, it’s called hidden child devices! I know the ability to hide devices was requested a few days ago, but man that’s some TAT!

But here’s the problem, you can’t use them, because they don’t show up any where, not in devices, not in the IDE, not in any apps.
So was the device really created?, no way to know, it’s that hidden.

So good luck creating a child device, actually that’s not right, you can add an delete them, just have fun trying to use it…

@slagle ???

Apparently that’s the reward I get for complaining about getChildDevices’s internal logging…
NO SOUP FOR YOU…

As much as I feel that I’m the “special case”, I doubt it, can anyone else verify?, thanks…

1 Like

Are you creating the child device from a child app?

nope, not today, standard smartapp…
But it’s no longer working from a childapp either.

It’s working for me. I’m creating/deleting child devices from a child smartapp (and using them!) with no issues.

arggg…

I’m not making this s**t up…
I have code in production that I’ve been using since Friday, with no changes to it since then and that’s been spitting out child devices until today.

And code in development that was making kids yesterday, but not today…

CMON MAN!..

Yea, maybe rebooting by hub will fix it…

Just wow.
I found the child device, when it installs it is visible in the IDE as a running session in My Device Types.
Terminate the session, and it uninstalls the app… HUH???
install app on phone, no device to be found on the phone, look under my device types in the IDE…
This is nuts…
Uninstall the app from the phone, and the device session in the IDE terminates.

Ummm, yea, we’re going to need you to come in on Saturday…