Hi parents in this group, can I interview you on your thoughts about smart home technologies' impact on children? (Paid interview)

Hello parents in this group who are smart home enthusiasts, I am a researcher (and a mom for a 1.5-year-old) at the University of Michigan. I am conducting research on the impact smart home technologies have on children.

If you have a set of smart home technologies like smart speakers, smart cleaning robots, smart security cameras or alarms, smart door locks (bells), smart appliances, etc.

If your children (3-12 years old) are curious about and have interacted with these smart home technologies,

If you have stories to share with us about how your children and their interactions or use of the smart home technologies…

Please consider joining me in a 45-60 mins online interview and be compensated for $25 for your time and participation. If you are interested, please fill out this [1-minute survey] so that we could learn a little about you and plan for the next steps!

Thank you for your support and time, and please feel free to share this message with other parents who might be interested!

Any questions can be directed to the research team at childrenandsmarthome@umich.edu

You need to list the privacy policy and what the information will be used for before asking any questions, including the age of the children. This is actually a requirement of your university’s IRB, but it’s also just good practice. And it applies even to informational surveys of the type you are doing.

Contact your advisor to find out exactly what forms and links you should be using before asking anyone to answer any of your questions. They will know.

https://research-compliance.umich.edu/information-public

You should also be aware that the university may invalidate the results of your study if you do not have this information in place conforming with university policies before enrolling any participants, even for a pre-survey.

Once you have that set up correctly, I’m sure there will be a number of people who would be interested in participating. :sunglasses:

3 Likes