Help setting ST Mode from Logitech Harmony Remote

Hello all, fairly new to this but quite techy overall…hope Im posting this to the right group.

I can’t figure out how to change the mode in ST based on starting an activity on my Harmony remote.

What I want to do:
Press “Watch Movie” and have it change the mode in ST to “Movie Night”, which will then perform various actions.

The Harmony app can see and change status of ST switches and outlets so I tried creating a virtual switch but then found out that the routines can’t be initiated based on a switch action (WHAT!?!). Is there any way to do this?

Sure you can. :sunglasses: This is just another one of those situations where SmartThings is very powerful, but not very intuitive.

There are two smart apps in the marketplace section of the SmartThings mobile app for just this purpose.

One lets you tie a switch to a mode and one lets you tie a switch to a routine. Just use one of those. Then include that switch in your harmony activity. ( these apps have been around for a long time and are very popular. They use the old terminology of “home phrase” instead of “routine” but it’s the same thing. )

One) open the mobile app

Two) go to the marketplace section, then smart apps, then lights and switches.

Three) choose the SmartAppthat you want to use and install it.

1 Like