Help connecting Fabriq speaker to SmartThings

Update
I have totally uninstalled everything, rebooted hub, router, and Fabriq. Here’s the process I went through:

1. Installed Fabriq per the instructions to Wifi.
  2. Installed MediaRenderer (Connect), saved, published.
  3. Installed MediaRenderer Player, saved (did not publish.

Went to SmartThings app (Classic) and searched for devices using MediaRenderer (Connect).
Waited 30 minutes - looked at the logs. It showed that it repeatedly (many times) searched, but never found anything.
I can see the speaker through other apps on my phone, and play via them, but cannot figure this out. Anyone have any ideas?

</end update>

I’m new here - but not to SmartThings (or this forum - I’ve lurked for years to find solutions). I’ve installed multiple “My SmartApps”, so I’m comfortable with the IDE, and I just started exploring WebCore, but I’m stumped on this one.

I just purchased a Fabriq speaker because I wanted to start “announcing” things. I’ve installed MediaRenderer (Connect), and the Fabriq is on the same network as my SmartThings hub, but I can’t seem to make any progress on this.

When I start MediaRenderer (Connect), it never discovers the device. Any suggestions? I’ve let it run up to 20 minutes with no devices found. Am I missing something?

TIA for any help you guys can offer!

Trying setting a static IP# for the fabriq speaker.

I’ve tried that. Just rebooted EVERYTHING, reset to a different ip, made it reserved, now trying again…

Just in case, use the Classic app :slight_smile:

Still nothing. Do I need to turn on the Hot Spot on the Fabriq?

Definitely! I can’t stand the new one. Actually, didn’t even think of trying it…

The speakers are updated to the latest firmware?

Yeah, did that as soon as I plugged it up and got it set up. This one is really stumping me…

BubbleUPnP on my Android tablet can see the Fabriq, but still nothing from the MediaRenderer (Connect).

I checked the ST logs while I was running MediaRenderer (Connect), and I do keep getting this randomly:

2:15:54 PM: error java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 184 @line 287 (locationHandler)

I’m not a coder, so I have no idea what this means…

I updated the original post. Still not seeing the speaker…
I have totally uninstalled everything, rebooted hub, router, and Fabriq. Here’s the process I went through:

1. Installed Fabriq per the instructions to Wifi.
  2. Installed MediaRenderer (Connect), saved, published.
  3. Installed MediaRenderer Player, saved (did not publish.

Went to SmartThings app (Classic) and searched for devices using MediaRenderer (Connect).
Waited 30 minutes - looked at the logs. It showed that it repeatedly (many times) searched, but never found anything.
I can see the speaker through other apps on my phone, and play via them, but cannot figure this out. Anyone have any ideas?

Curious if you ever got this to work? I have been trying to get my Fabriq speakers to work over the last year with no luck. I have rebooted everything, updated to the latest firmware, tried a static IP. I can see the speakers and send music via PC or BubbleUPnP without any problems. But MediaRendererConnect never finds them.

Hi,

My Fabriq is discovered by my ST using MediaRenderer (Connect), however when i open any door it does not annouce it, is there anything else needed to be done beside using the ST old app and setting the door contact in config/customs / push notification and writing msg ?
Is there anything that needs setup in the Fabriq settings ? like " allow extrenal speech " ??