Hello, Home Phrase Director - Control modes (through hello home phrases) based on occupancy and "sun state"

Stop bragging, Tim! :slight_smile: Get a Mac!

1 Like

Thank you kindly, sir!

1 Like

A friend and I are in the process of writing a device type that will send WoL and Sleep commands to Windows based PCs.
We already have the Windows service built and running… We are now working toward developing a SmartApp that can make calls to the service and turn it into a valid device type with the ability to check status and display in the dashboard.

1 Like

@tslagle13 As I’m not located within US, zip code is not working for me (not recognised). I would like to know whether there is an easy fix for that (hub still recognise sunset and sunrise hours correctly in my locations).

The other thing I’m thinking is to change your code to consider a lux sensor located outside as the sunset and sunrise trigger, but I have the feeling there is an strong reason you didn’t use it!!!

Any comment is welcomed

Thanks!

I’ve been noticing in the last week that when this app executes the thermostat temperatures aren’t changing per my set points. For instance, I’ll see my mode change to ‘Away - Day’ as expected when everyone leaves, but the set points for my (Nest) thermostat don’t change. Previously I would see in my ‘Hello, Home’ activity screen messages for the mode change as well as the thermostat set point changes. Any thoughts on why this might be occurring?

Has anyone noticed with the new iOS updates and recently that the Magic home doesn’t quite work? I keep getting repeated away messages… but it doesn’t actually change the mode…

does not work for me either, on the new update :frowning:

Fail…with no end in sight :frowning:

Any update on this? I am trying to remove this app to re-install and it just says “An unexpected error has occurred”. My Routines seem to not be firing at all

Make sure you guys are using the “Hello, Home Phrase Director” and not the old “Magic Home” app. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the app. It is now available from the app list in SmartThings, so you don’t need to have it in “My Apps” anymore. It’s listed under “Presence & Modes” in the smart app section of the new iOS app (and presumably Android).

That version has been working fine in my personal experience, even through the app update and then my switch to the new ST hub.

1 Like

Any plans to add an offset?

Would love to but I can’t remove it :smile:
I have emailed support and I am sure they will give me hand removing it so I can install the current one.

I was able to fix my problem with this:

I have deleted the app and added bavk the official one from smartthings more times than I can count.

My sun states have been broken since late July and tickets have solved nothing…very frustrating!

i’ve only just noticed that my sun states arent working anymore since the smartthings app update. (v1 hub still tho). It’s going to home evening when it’s day.

In speaking with support there is some sort of workaround utilizing a back end weather api as it reports Sunrise / Sunset where it appears that functionality is broken w/Hello Home Phrase Director.

I’ll follow up here if I figure it out or hear from support again.

well it started working again after my post - but this morning, my hello home did not run my welcome home and good day (asleep to home day mode).

Anyone else have issues in last 24 hours with hello home director?

Yes. See this thread for more info:

1 Like

First of all, thanks for creating this app, it looks like what I want it to do.

I have a couple of comments:

1. I’m in canada, and dont’ have a zip code. I have found a zip code in my timezone so it works, but to make this a universal app wouldn’t it be possible to simply use the hub’s sunset/sunrise times?

2. Can you please confirm how this app works? Does it constantly check and change the modes if it’s wrong? or does it update only if there’s a trigger (Presence change or sunrise/sunset?)

The reason why I ask this is because for my ‘sleep’ mode I understand that I’m supposed to do that thorugh a routine and not this app. Will this app notice that I’m home, and it’s night time and so override my sleep mode and change it to 'home-night- instead?

If I understand correctly the right way to do this is to use this app for Home-Day, Home-Night(Evening), Away-Home, Away-Night (Evening). But any other modes should be done through routines… so a sleep mode can be done through a routine: if in Home-Night (Evening) then go to ‘Sleep’. Or in the morning if you are in ‘sleep’ mode and you wake up before the sun you could use a routine to change the mode to: Home-Morning.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks!

I would love to use this but the zip code entry is locked to USA. I can’t enter four digits like we have here in Aus. This is for sun state right ? Can’t you use address from the setuo to know location ?