Has anyone seen a bbq probe we could hook up?

Please allow me to resurrect this month-old thread that is now relevant to my interests.

So…has anyone actually done something like this using the iGrill (or better still, the iGrill2)? I bought a smoker a couple of months ago and am now addicted to making all manner of dead things taste like a camp fire. Combining that manly pursuit with my geekier smart home addiction just might create a small tear in the fabric of space-time, and I therefor desperately want to try it.

2 Likes

Nobody? C’mon…I’ll trade my recipe for the kick-ass smoked oxtail stew I made last week for some info. Pics too. Here’s a teaser…

Wow, this is a tough room.

Bump… New Years pork butt is on the smoke

Summer Bump. Any new thoughts on an igrill 3 integration? Good weather is right around the corner. Any other connected meat thermometers that work with smartthings?

Sorry to wake up a dead thread, but I need some help. We have our BBQ hooked straight up to our gas line in the house. From Time to time my wife and I leave the grill on even overnight, which is scary of course. I would like a simple Zwave sensor to detect heat after x time at night and trigger other devices lights or siren etc. I would think this would be a good project even for those that have propane. I understand that is is one of the main reasons for house fires.

1 Like

Also interested in some sort of solution. Certainly there must be some off-the-shelf solutions by now.

1 Like

Trying to keep the thread alive, still looking for a solution. We just left the grill on again, this time more than a day. Any ideas would be appreciated. It seems that we could use a Grill zwave thermometer with check at certain times of the day or an on and off timer?

Interesting product that is not zwave, I think.

Interesting, but too bad it’s not zwave or zigbee “Transmission Frequency: 345 MHz”

ThingShield I found when researching this was for ST classic app only. Have you found a newer version?

Any product updates for 2020?

2 Likes

…still looking for hardware and an app for a bbq/smoker temperature gauge. Christmas would be a great time to put one of these out. Maybe we could modify a motion sensor and its associated device handler to add a thermocouple and transmit the temperature. …any of our members competent enough to take this on?

I have some extra lowes iris open close sensors that I image I could modify to have an external temp lead like the bbq ones. My idea is to have it on my woodstove to let me know to add more wood etc, but it could work to remind me that i have left the grill on. I have one in my chest freezer now and it is alerting me if the freezer temp get too high.