Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan controller

Never even got an email from them saying it was in stock and of course it’s not now.

1 Like

Nuts! I missed it to, like fightingmajor, never got an email. Guess I’ll just keep checking back here daily. I’m suprised there aren’t mode devices like this out there.

I never got the email either. I’ve just been checking the Home Depot page each day. Rough to see it sell out that quickly again.

Just spoke with a Home Depot rep about availability and had them escalate the issue to corporate for a response. This is what I got back.

Case Number:08558513
9/24/2017 4:13 PM

Dear Braden,

Per your request, we are providing the below information about item 206591100 - Universal Wink Enabled White Ceiling Fan Premier Remote Control.

The remote will be back in stock around the beginning of November. I’ve taken the liberty of entering your email so that you’re notified when it returns to stock.

If you have further questions regarding the information provided, please contact our Online Customer Support at 1-800-430-3376 from 6 AM to 2 AM ET daily and refer to the case number above.

Thank you for being a Home Depot customer.

So its looking like November, if they are not just throwing out random time frames… Also you can add your email to the ‘Notify Me’ section on the product page and make sure that you add HomeDepot@homedepot.com to your safe list or address book so it doesn’t get flagged as spam.

So did anyone ever auctally get the retail package from Home Depot and hook it up yet?

Have not heard back from them yet… They said November sometime, we will see.

I did. However the zigbee antenna is not long enough for me snake out of the canopy. Need to cut a hole in the canopy and haven’t gotten to it yet.

The device paired fine for me but once I close the canopy - the signal can’t get through.

How/where did you get a retail packaged device from Home Depot?

Back in August someone posted in this thread that the device was available. I ordered one ASAP. I’ve never gotten an email from HD that they were available even thought I signed up.

Same here, no email notification, just got lucky that I noticed someone posted here they were available before HD quickly sold out.

1 Like

Yep. Works great, just like the other one I bought with the Home Decorators Wink-enabled fan package.

I added the new retail fan controller to an existing fan and had zero issues. It’s back in the bedroom, has no problem connecting to the hub, and the device handler works great.

So much so, I’m adding a new fan to my office with the same setup.

I highly recommend them.

Just curious, did you add those rubber insulating pieces that came with the retail kit but not the replacement parts?

If I understood the installation instructions right, you’re supposed to loosen the screws securing the fan to the ceiling box and place those insulators over the screw shaft. Seems like a PITA.

I received my Hampton Bay controller a few weeks ago. I installed the hardware and the device handlers and all seems to be working fine. . . most of the time. It seems that about once a day, the SmartThings control is not responsive. I can still control the fan with the included remote, but not with the SmartThings app or Alexa. This seems to happen every evening. If I wait a few hours, everything works again until the next day. Any ideas on what might cause this? Do you think I have defective hardware?

this being a Zigbee device, it is possible that your Wifi traffic is peaking and swamping the device, especially if you have children or downloaders. Try turning off the router and/or access points - if they are “close” to the device then all the more so.

Otherwise I would assume a temporary cloud problem with ST (if you cannot command it with ST phone app).

the fan’s device handler runs in the cloud… the internet link could be saturated as well or it could be a wi-fi 2.4ghz channel interference

They are back in stock. I ordered mine a few minutes ago.

Does this one have the reverse button?

My fan does not have a reverse switch on it. It has a reverse button on the remote instead, so I need the zigbee version that also supports this.

Thanks,
Scott

I just went online to home depot and it still show out of stock. Could you share the link where you got it? Maybe they changed product name or something

I ordered one about 1 hour ago here:

Can confirm link worked. Ordered one this morning at 5AM est. Got order confirmation. Tried to check the link now but internet was crap.