Google home now supports multiple commands at once

Excited to see that this is finally a native capability for GH!

2 Likes

Too bad I invested in Alexa… I’m glad I’m stuck with such basic command structure… Two whole be actions… I’m impressed… Lol

Hopefully Amazon sees this and adds the same functionality.

Bixby, much mocked by many, does at least 6 commands at once. It’s developing fast but I doubt it will gain much traction. All the in crowd likes google, tolerates Siri (which I find awful) and says “who’s Cortana?” I only use Bixby on my phone and sometimes, but rarely, ask it for stuff like how tall a building is or how old someone is. I have a few echo devices and one google Home but I personally like the echo much more than Home.

1 Like

I’m fully vested in Alexa… 3 echoes, 2 shows, and 7 dots… No turning back now!

5 Likes

There is nothin’ better than diversity. Google Mini’s are still black fridayed throughout the month of December. I have 6 dots, 2 shows, 2 echos they work well alongside google home and a mini… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have 1 Echo (1st gen), 2 Taps, and now 1 Show. My wife has a iPhone 8 plus and I have a Galaxy 8. As someone else pointed out Google is infinitely better at just answering questions. Alexa tells me it didn’t understand something way too often that google would just answer. With that said Alexa seems to get better every week. Like my wife and I use a app called Cozi to share our to do list, shopping list, and calendar and recently they added a skill to interface to the shopping list part which is honestly the one I wanted to be able to use the most. So now I can say “Alexa add milk to the shopping list” and it pops up in Cozi. I can also now tell the Show “Alexa show me my shopping list” and it brings it back up. Its a little thing but we are forgetting a lot less stuff now.

I really want to grab a Google Mini for when my phone isn’t around but I also want to keep things simple. $30 is tempting to at least try it out though.

2 Likes

Are you trying to enable me? Lol

1 Like

Who me? No way… But I’ve heard that you can still get a mini for like four bucks from Walmart ($29 for the mini and a $25 coupon) lol

Still not worth it… I refuse to say hey Google!

Sometimes it’s easier to get things done by saying “ok google” than hearing Alexa saying “I don’t know that one!”

3 Likes

I just say this… Alexa, ask Google…

3 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

At least she’s honest: “Sorry, I cannot perform Google searches”

WHAT?!?!?! Thats a thing???

Edit: Dammit! Got my hopes up.

Second Edit: http://alexamods.com/guide-install-ask-google-alexa-skill/ Totally going to try this.

3 Likes

We have Alexa Devices throughout the house now for home automation control, tv control, intercom, and hands-free calling; use Siri on the Apple Watch with HomeKit for shopping lists, voice texts, some specific home automation circumstances; and just decided to add a google home mini (nine dollars on the Williams Sonoma cyber Monday deal) for those general interest questions that Alexa doesn’t yet answer well. Choice is good. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes, my Alexa does Google searches…

@joshua_lyon… We aren’t going to talk about that!

1 Like

This actually works pretty good.

2 Likes

Amazon has this very firmly on their radar.

The game of leapfrog being conducted by these two is certainly improving our lives quickly.

3 Likes

WAF prevents me from saying “ok google” lol
so Alexa it is. Though a google mini just might find its way into e mix in the next few days anyway lol

What do they mean by “link your Walmart account”??
I don’t have such an account… do you need to have a Walmart credit card or something for this to work?