Getting frustrated with the Outages again

You are welcome. Now if only I could get my Halloween decoration ST App to work. :frowning:

Will need:
2 Z-wave motion sensors.
1 Smart Wireless Z-Wave Siren With Red Strobe Light Combo.
2 Z-wave on/off outdoor outlet.
Animatronic corps connected to the Z-wave outlet.
Fog machine.

1 Like

Or maybe you could save some money and go straight for a ZWave enabled Animatronic corps. Surely someone makes one???

1 Like

If they do iā€™ll buy 9 lol

I want one! Anyone know of any Z-wave enabled Animatronic corpses? I was also thinking of having it inside my garage and after the motion detector opens the garage door, to activate the corps and the siren/strobe.

Where are you located? I have all of the above floating around the house. Only things I donā€™t have are the 2 z-wave on/off outdoor outlets.

I have the (2) Ecolink motion sensors and (1) Fortrezz siren/strobe combo

NYC. I could use those (2) Ecolinkā€™s. I did order the Utilitech Indoor Z-Wave Siren With LED Flash Strobe Warning Lightsā€™ and it will be here by then. I need an animatronic corps to Scare everyone who comes to my house. :wink:

Iā€™m in NE Ohio. Damn shame I didnā€™t know until today. Not getting home until a little after 5 today. Wouldnā€™t be able to ship them out until tomorrow and shipping would be a little much I think.

As long as itā€™s a built-in function of the lock itself, itā€™s safe. I donā€™t trust ST to do locking/unlocking based on events at this point. Iā€™m ok with manual remote control though, in case I need to let someone in who does not have an access code.

What I would really like is to have an ability to monitor my security camera on my mobile phone while operating the lock.

1 Like

I completely agree @geko. We need an intercom ST app which will use your dropcam/Foursquare/IP came and have an action button under it. I would be able to see if it is the UPS at my door and open the garage when they activate my z-wave connected doorbell.

Hmmm now you have my wheels turningā€¦

Mysteriousā€¦

I was quite litterally thinking the same thing!

Absolutely agreedā€¦ I made the switch to the Kwikset 910 two years ago and havenā€™t carried a key since. I do have access to an emergency key but have never used it.

Itā€™s all about trusting your particular setup.

Anyone else having issues with commands not processing currently (8:19p Pacific)? I canā€™t get a single light to turn on via either the app or the minimotes, nor can my wife from her phone. Motion and open/close sensors are correctly reflected in the app, though I canā€™t add new devices either. Noticed it an hour ago but since I was out most of the day, not sure when it actually started. I do have an email into Support, and have already tried signing out/in on the app, force closing the app, restarting my phone, and cycling the hub.

This morning at 6AM EDT the Good Morning was not performed and I also had a freak event happen.

My smart phone app was indicating that all of my 16 STā€™s needing to get resetup. After I closed the app and re-opened it, this went away.

Anyone see this?

My sunset/sunrise events are not working either also timed mode changes. Iā€™ve powered cycled the hub a few times as well as a reboot through the ide. Also ran a Zwave repair. Nothing seemed to work. I have opened a ticket with support. Hope things get working soon.

@johnosstyn Anything in the logs? Iā€™m getting problems with Smart Alarm when I change modes and I notices in the logs that there seems to be problems with subscriptions.

My devices were for a few minutes showing as needing to be re setup yesterday night.

@Ben the Smart Apps are sluggish now. 9:35 AM EDT.

Canā€™t control anything via my app this morning. Sunrise/sunset not working the past few days, light switches removing themselves. Itā€™s like 2013 all over again!

Cā€™mon guys, time to be an adult company.

Support is working on it. Just live chatted with them. Same issue.