Get ready to make the switch!

If device:dad==present and Security Mode==Armed(away) then security mode = disarm.

Assuming dad was not present prior and that is the only state change. This works, until I want to set security mode to armed(away) while I am home…security mode immediately disarms.

1 Like

You are using virtual devices? And are you still using SHM in Classic along with SHM Delay smartapp?

I am no longer using SHM Delay. I am using virtual devices so I can use active tiles to arm/disarm.

I believe I will let others assist at this point. With all those virtual devices, it would take time to figure out what is going on.

I just use non-virtual STHM .

Sorry, wish I could have offered more assistance.

You may want to start a new thread or contact ActionTiles support for assistance.

The easiest solution for this would be using scenes to change Mode and then Automations that use Mode to change STHM status. Then you can add the scene as a tile in actiontiles.

4 Likes

So I got the banner on Friday, but my setup isn’t really ready for the new app. I have a custom device that’s a virtual switch with a time component in its settings, and the new app doesn’t let me change the time.

(Not to mention all the groovy custom device handlers and complex webcore pistons I have that will never be compatible with the new system… There really needs to be a way to not completely break everybody’s existing setup in this process.)

3 Likes

Big excitement today! Got my banner, clicked away, now I have the banner that says it was successful.
Does the success banner stay up, or eventually disappear?
I had already done everything I thought I could ahead of time a few months back, like switching to Smart Things Home Monitor, etc. , so no big suprises today.
The only thing so far I can see that changed is that it added “Scenes” out on the home screen.

1 Like

Finally got my migration banner. Listing the entire process bellow.

To be honest i have been using the new app for more than 2 years now. So the migration made no changes for me.

1 Like

if only i could get the new Total Connect Comfort integration in the UK…

Just received the banner yesterday and your comment terrifies me. Can I just ignore the banner and not migrate?

1 Like

The migration is basically converting routines, SHM and smart locks over to automations and scenes, STHM in the new app. You can continue to use the Classic app after the migration minus routines.

You should at least start using the new app to become familiar with it. Also, you can manually move any existing routines or SHM over to the new app slowly if you choose.

Your choice but might be less stressful as opposed to waiting until the very last second :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not any more. You can still do some things with the classic app, but not everything. Now Once you use the migration tool you can no longer create or edit routines in the classic app. I believe that’s also true for SHM automations, but I’m not 100% sure on that one

2 Likes

You are correct. I was just pointing out that users can use the Classic for devices.

1 Like

I have not received the banner yet, but I’ve manually migrated nearly everything to the new app. The one thing I still rely on the classic app for is the lock manager (the default SmartThings one, not any custom one). Can I manually migrate that or is that something I need the migration banner for?

In the new app, click on the + in he upper right of the screen, select Smartapps and find smart lock guest access (US only I believe)

1 Like

Well that went a lot smoother and easier than I thought it would. I figured there would need to be some kind of migration to copy over the names for the codes and such but it all carried over just fine. Thanks!

1 Like

The new app is still unstable and not ready for public consumption. Why was it released and promoted before there was feature parity.

2 Likes

“App” is being extremely polite, when you consider it is now 2020.

3 Likes

I got the banner to migrate also but I’m curious as to how all my automations from Webcore will work (or if they will at all). For example, I have these 2 simple automations in Webcore that I tried to recreate in the new SmartThings app If/Then automation and couldn’t find a way for it to work:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I want to know if Webcore will still work with the new app once I migrate and if it won’t, how do I get these simple automations to work with the new app?

if
Back Door Lock’s lock was unlocked for at least 5 minutes
and
Back Door Lock’s lock changes to locked
then
do
Send PUSH notification “:white_check_mark: Back Door :door: is LOCKED :closed_lock_with_key:”;

I saw no option for “at least 5 mins.”

if
Downstairs Motion Sensor’s motion changes to active
and
Time is between 9:00:00 PM and 7:00:00 AM
and
All of Downstairs Light [Can]'s, Downstairs Light [Fan]'s, and Downstairs TV Light’s switch are not on
then
with Downstairs Wall Sconce [Living] do
Turn on;
end with;

else
if
Downstairs Motion Sensor’s motion changes to inactive
and
and
Downstairs Wall Sconce [Living]'s switch is on
then
Wait 90 seconds;
Turn off;
end with;

else
if
Any of Downstairs Light [Can]'s, Downstairs Light [Fan]'s, or Downstairs TV Light’s switch is on
or
Any of Downstairs Light [Can]'s, Downstairs Light [Fan]'s, or Downstairs TV Light’s switch changes to on
and
and
Downstairs Wall Sconce [Living]'s switch is on
then
Turn off;
end with;
end if;
end if;
end if;
end execute;

As long as you dont disconnect WebCoRE it’ll keep on trucking.

If you want to, you can absolutely logim to NewApp without ‘migration’ and try it out to see ahat your experience will be. Just dont use new and classic versions of presece sensors at the same time or use SHM (old) and STHM (new) at the same time.

2 Likes