Get ready to make the switch!

Yeah, similar story with my wife. I ended up organizing it for her :grimacing:

2 Likes

@SmartThings, any news on this?

My son and I just went through this yesterday on a different thread. After all the Network Error frustration a sinple reboot of the hub made it all go away.

If we can get Life360 presence to work, I think I could make the move…

1 Like

I’ve started with the new app and loved it in its early life and I was forced to learn to use the old app and I loved how simple it was, what you see is what you get! but moving forward and getting more and more things connected and more complex automations the new app with its updates just doesnt make the cut as good as the old app does. the UI flow (“hidden” menus inside menus inside menus) just doesnt work for me and its so slow in load times and honestly just makes me not want to open in the first place

5 Likes

When can we expect the ability to add custom device handles? Or add smart apps that currently can only be added in the Classic App though once installed work fine in the new app?

-28 days ago, although the process for custom capabilities in DTH isn’t polished yet. Custom groovy smartapps can be added in the new app for several months now.

2 Likes

Go into the IDE and change the device hander over to life 360. Ours is now working

1 Like

Which Device handler?

i believe its “Life360 User” It was a new add a couple months ago.

If you already have life360 set up in the classic app, it works in automations in the new app under device status

2 Likes

Oh. As a device. I see that now! I assumed it would show under member. All good. Will test.

Thanks!!

So I just added virtual buttons smartapp using the Classic app. Could I have done this in the new app? Perhaps after changing the Life 360 in IDE?

should work without a problem

I thought I was good for the switch, but now I see two issues.
-SHM Delay no longer “talks” (removed and recreated, still nothing)
-Using Life360 to disarm works, however when arming while I home, it sees I am home and immediately disarms.

Any found solutions??

Use armed (stay) and don’t use presence. And SHM Delay is for the classic app (SHM - Smart Home Monitor). The new app has STHM (SmartThings Home Monitor). They’re two different things entirely and you should only be using one. If you have switched to the new app and are using STHM, make sure you have removed anything for SHM as it will still continue to run in the cloud if not. As for the delay, when you go to configure STHM, under “set response”, look for the “delay before start” and " response delay" fields.

2 Likes
  1. So I cannot use presence from Life360 to arm/disarm?

2. STHM stay would also have a delay. I cannot set it for away only?

You can use life 360 to change security mode or location’s mode. It is under If Device Status and not Member Location

Yes, and that is what I was using. The use case is if me or my wife gets home and the alarm is set to away, disarm it. That works. However, when I am at home and set it to away it immediately triggers the above logic. Assuming because I am home…

Be more specific. Are you setting location mode to away or setting security mode to armed (away)?

Post a screenshot of the Automation please and whiteout any personal info