GE, Networx, Interlogix Caddx NX8 security System Integration?

They’re is no NX-6E, the E version is 8 zone only (you get the extra 2 zones, and the expansion board will start at zone 9).
I think from that part number that should be good. I believe that’s a bare board (no enclosure) , which is likely what you want

LeeFL can you message me about NX-584E versus NX-595E boards…Can I use either or just the 584?

LeeF:

I am getting ready to program my 8E board for an Indigo Home automation software. I found a reference for programming the serial port and the location codes are slightly different than your. How critical are these specifics. Three columns for the critical stuff, location, yours, serial , and Micasaverde

Loc. Your Value. Other value
207 1 1. On
208 2 2. 9600
209 1 1------- ASCII protocol, what about Binary --------?

Location. Yours. Serial. MiCasa Verde
210 (1). -2–5678 -2–567- -2–5678
210 (2). 1234---- 12------ 1-34----
211 (1) -2-45678 -2-45678 - 2-45678
211 (2) 1-345— 123----- 1-345—
211 (3) 123-5-7- -------- 123-5-7-
211 (4) --345678 —4–7- --345678

Any help would be great.

Are these that specific or will most work. Yours and Micasaverde seem similar except for locations 210 (2) and

@LeeFL, I just stumbled across this post, and it looks like it might be exactly what I’m looking for. I have a Networx NX-8E security panel, that is already connected via the RS232 port to a Clare home automation system that came with the home. I’ve moved to Smartthings for all things home automation except for the alarm panel. I used several wireless Z-Wave sensors to tie into the alarm system’s sensors with Smartthings for notifications, but have, as of yet, been unable to locate anything to interface directly with the alarm panel for arm/disarm functionality. The Clare device is nothing more than a Raspberry Pi, so I had theorized that there may be a way to create some software to talk to ST. A cursory read of this thread says that’s what you’ve done (I’m still planning on reading the entire thing but jumping the gun here a bit). Is there a good summary of what I need to do to get ahold of your code? Does it run on a Raspberry Pi, or are you selling some other hardware for interfacing?

@LeeFL I ordered the NX-8E right about the time the COVID bomb went off. My order was cancelled and never shipped. Are you back up and running and could you send me a unit?

Chuck Beams
Opelika, AL

Hey Mark, sorry for delay.
I can follow-up via IM if needed, but …
I haven’t ever used (or really investigated much) Indigo, but the differences depend on what the software that you’re using expects from the board. Location 210 specifies which commands the external system can send. Bit 2 is for X-10 messages, which my system doesn’t actually make use of anyway, but I included that for possible future functionality.
Locations 208 & 209 (serial speed and comm format) are really totally dependent on what is talking to the panel, and what speed/format that system expects. The settings I specify is because that’s what my code uses for now.

Hi Chris,
My system runs on some dedicated hardware (based on a small micro controller with WiFi functionality). Technically you could do something similar with a Raspberry Pi, but I dislike having a non-realtime OS (like Raspbian) getting in the way, and being somewhat overkill. My system is a 100% dedicated system with no external code.
I package my system as a hardware bundle with everything you need to get up and running, and the kit is $95 all-in. PM me if you’re interested in proceeding with getting a kit.

Hi Chuck,
I don’t normally sell/supply panels, since this is really just a hobby, and the cost of holding stock is not really worth it to me, BUT I can see if I can find a supplier if you want.
Do I remember correctly that you have one of the other panels, and were looking at replacing it with an NX-8E to get the built-in comms module, and perhaps extra zones ?
We can follow-up either in this thread, or in PM if preferred.

Hi LeeFL

Just stumble across this thread! I have a NX-8E and planning to get a NX-216E. Is your kit able to interface with RJ45? Am I able to interface your system with Home Assistant? Thanks!

Unfortunately the current board is WiFi only. I have been hoping to develop a wired-ethernet alternative board, but haven’t had much time to dedicate to that effort yet.

A couple of the users of the system have managed to get it to work with Home Assistant instead of Alexa, but I haven’t tried this myself (as I only have Alexa/Echo devices). I suspect that they might be able to help you out though :slight_smile:

What about this one?

Sure, that should work as long as the master program code is known or default, so you can program the board. (it is recommended to change the master code after initial programming so it isn’t used by an intruder to bypass your alarm system)

How can I know for sure that the master program code is known or default?

By asking the seller?

I got the code and bought the board!

Awesome !
Let me know how it goes with swapping the boards out.
You can probably make a note of all the settings from the existing panel, and transfer them over to the new one 1:1

Hey Lee,
I am interested in your alarm bridge. I have a NX-8LXTR-EUR with NX584, NX-590E and NX592E. Panel is using zone-doubled. I am using DL900. Please PM me.

Hey guys
Has any one noticed an issue with the latest smartthings update or something effecting the sync between ST and the bridge? Prior to this week, everything was working 100%. As of some time this week, when you turn disarm or arm the panel via either the web portal or the lcd panel itself, ST does not update unless you manually go into ST and hit the refresh icon.

Thus, when you disarm, it does not disarm the SHM and triggers all the SHM alarms.

Lee, any help?

Hey Abe,
I haven’t really been paying much attention to SHM, since I don’t think there’s been a time over the past several weeks when nobody was home, due to the current situation, but I haven’t specifically noticed any issues with updates either. I will keep an eye out though.

The most likely candidate is an issue with the server that your SmartThings is connected to.
To get some more info you could try using the SmartThings API “live logging” and ensure that you see updates there. That should help provide some more info/context for the SmartThings engineers, who I’d suggest you raise a support ticket with.
Unfortunately server issues are something I have no control over, and occasionally folks on one of their servers have seen issues that folks connected to another server don’t see.
The only other thing I can think of is whether there were any changes to your firewall etc (e.g.: on modem/router) that may be blocking updates to your phone, but since SHM is entirely run on the SmartThings servers that shouldn’t actually affect the status, just your ability to see the status.

1 Like

Hi Lee. I’m interested in buying one of your kits. How can I contact you directly? Thanks a lot. Marco