GE Enbrighten pin Sensor (32563 Hinge Sensor)

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these devices? The door into the house from the garage is metal and doesn’t have great spacing. I normally use the Iris sensors but it isn’t working well oh this door. I’m thinking about getting one of these but curious what other think and any hands on experience.

GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Pin Sensor, Attaches to Existing Door Hinge, Left or Right Opening, Repeater/Range Extender, Works with SmartThings, Wink, Iris, 32563, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KQDIUAW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VnTKCbK1K2AFA

Just search the forum for the model number, there are several threads about it. Here’s one

Thanks for the link but that thread is from like 3 years ago. Hoping to get some feedback on anyone using it now. Maybe no one is. I’d say that’s probably a bad sign. Also up for any other recommendations for this issue. My wife and I provide Foster Care to 5 kids ages ranging from 2yrs to 12yrs so we have to be pretty vigilant and make sure no one is leaving when they shouldn’t be but even more importantly no one is coming in who shouldn’t be. This is the only door I don’t have a solution for.

It’s the same device that you linked to, so the reviews there should still all be good.

Does a kitchen magnet stick to the door? If so, you’re going to have trouble with any reed sensor. Take a look at the following thread, it might give you some ideas:

JD yeah it does. That’s what I guessed was causing the issue. Checking the link now. Thanks!

1 Like