Features that Don’t Have Parity with Classic [Feb 2021]

Device activity history doesn’t show what automation triggered the device (i.e. webcore piston, smartlighting automation etc), making troubleshooting a nightmare…

5 Likes

Control, communication and graphics from my Z-Wave TRV’S (Danfoss).

Can’t change the temp via the app, only with the buttons on the TRV, “no communication” error msg.

The graphics (histogram?) in the app for temperature fail, several hours missing data.

This may not qualify as a broken feature but here goes… item #32 out-of-control storage on iOS. It does not affect everyone or every device but it is a huge problem on a couple of my devices.

Strike that… it is already #16 in the list. :joy:

Very basic Smart Lighting fails I get now. Turn on light with motion when mode = home. Now the lights still turn on when mode = night… ridiculous. started a few weeks ago. First intermittent, now constant.

Had to change to Turn on with motion between specific times since deleting and recreating Smart Lighting didn’t fix.

#15 - can anyone point me to where I can read more about this? I have quite a few IKEA 2 buttons and they’ve all been set up to control various things on their respective device pages. Should I not be doing this and setting it up in automations instead?

If everything is working fine for you, don’t worry about it. It’s just an issue that some people have.

1 Like

Has anyone mentioned setting an automation with period of time can’t have a set time and sunset/sunrise? You either have to use one or the other.

1 Like

Not yet. Was it different in the classic app?

I thought so but can’t remember, honestly. Feels like it’s been so long lol

1 Like

Device History (android app) Listed history for sleepy end devices does not show reports of battery status / level, even though the device is reporting the battery level correctly.

And…

Sensors that have the “barometric pressure” capability: App tile has no place for display of pressure even though the device is reporting it and the device handler is attempting to handle it.

Yes, in the Classic App you could use a specific time and sunrise/sunset with offsets.

At 7:00 p.m each day turn on Porch light
Turn off 30 minutes before sunrise

3 Likes

I thought so! I’m not going crazy after all lol

1 Like

Yes, that vanished from the history a while back. I thought perhaps it might now be considered part of device health or something like that and so it was being presented differently. However it just seemed to vanish and not be replaced, which is annoying as seeing regular battery reports can be a good way of knowing sensors are working.

Not heard of that capability. There is, however, an ‘Atmospheric Pressure Measurement’ capability and that works fine.

2 Likes

Adding a text notification to an automation crashes the app. Rebooting the phone does not fix the problem.

I received these two comments from tickets I opened.

The STHM Send Text Message option won’t save any contacts I enter, but text messages from Automations and SmartApps work fine, and they responded.

I would like to inform you that we have recently noticed the issue, where some of the users are not receiving the text messages, This is the know issue on which our team is currently working. We do not have any expected ETA when the issue would get resolved. Once the issue is fixed you will receive an update.

On another ticket I have open they advised that there is this apparent restriction.

The total number of automation behavior should be less than 250. Each device/condition/action in automation counts as a behavior. For example, one automation that controls 10 devices has 10 behaviors

Having this issue as well

luckily for me, they appeared to have resolved that issue with the most recent iOS app update :slight_smile:

That’s interesting. So, I grabbed my iPad and opened the SmartThings app (which I rarely do), but when I select the contact name, the SmartThings app CRASHES. I can’t WIN! Even crashes when I select a contact in an Automation on iOS.

Would it be appropriate to include the loss of Echo Speaks?

Oh, and notice this thread is now private:
https://community.smartthings.com/t/not-working-echo-speaks-v3-actions/173073

Personally, I wouldn’t. :thinking: That was custom code and the reason it was shut off is because it put too much burden on the cloud. I don’t think it really has anything to do with replacing the classic app with the new V3 app, which is what this particular thread is about.

2 Likes