External Siren paired to new ADT hub?

Thanks for the feedback jelockwood.

The only way to trigger the alarm in the panel is with dual branded sensors.

Thanks Mavrrick58. How do I make a donation for this App?

There is i link to do so in the about section of the app.

Thank you very much

Noā€¦ Thank you!!!

I just sent the contribution. Well worth itā€¦

Hi Mavrrick58, I would like to add an external siren to my ADT panel using your ADT Tools 2 Smart app (Its great!), which brand/models can you recommend in order to get the best function? I would like trigger the siren as soon any door/window sensor is open no matter is the main enter/exit one (to avoid the ADT delay). Regards.

There will always be a chance for a slight delay if you use a wirelessly connected Siren. I personally have a Arlo VMB4000 that came with my cameras. It has anywhere from a about half a second to maybe a 2-3 second at worst. That is what I would expect in a worse case scenario as it involves multiple clouds. Generally i hear the siren go off on the ADT panel first and then a moment later the Arlo kicks in much louder.

For zwave sirens i would suggest looking at the Aeotec or Dome siren. The Dome siren has the added benefit of other sounds it can do. I am baseing this a suggestion on things i have read in the forums as i donā€™t have either so keep that in mind. If the siren has a strobe effect ADT Tools should be able to use that as well. I am also confident in the Arlo Basestation but i would only use that if you already have it. The arlo basestations that work are the VMB4000 and VMB4500 both of which come with the Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

Just remember with these external sirens there is a possibility that if the perfect storm of events happen you can have trouble turning them off. This has happened to some folks, so just be sure to put them somewhere you can manually disable them if needed.

Is there anyway to add a ADT Door/Window Sensor to the ADT Smarthing Panel without using the app on your phone via the IDE?
I canā€™t get this sensor to connect and none of the steps are working (the button soldered to the board came off is why :frowning: when I was following Samsungs steps to take the battery out and back in)

If not, how do I use the ADT Tools app to make a Samsung not ADT sensor set the alarm off ? I donā€™t see how to do this with alert any sensor. The ADT Panel alarm doesnt go off.

I think you will need to replace the sensor.

You canā€™t trigger the ADT Alarm to go off from Smartthings. You can trigger events in Smartthings though fron the ADT Side. The non ADT Alert functions require a external siren and would be unmonitored. It just uses the alarm state to determine if it should go off or turn off the alarm. You can not use the internal siren with events triggered from Smartthings with the any sensor alert functions in ADT Tools. A external siren would be required.

Thanks my friend !

I know itā€™s been a while. I have an ADT Command smart security and the wireless siren/light is awful! I looked and the ADT tools app mentioned is not there anymore and possibly has changed names. Is there a way to integrate a solid exterior siren/strobe with this ADT system?

This thread referred to a specific model of Samsungā€™s SmartThings hub which was released in conjunction with ADT as a dual logo system.

Nothing mentioned in this topic will work with any other ADT models, and the dual logo model itself was discontinued about two years after release when ADT bought a different DIY security system, the one now called ā€œblue by ADT.ā€ So Iā€™m afraid there really isnā€™t anything we can do here to help you.