Expandable Zigbee Repeater Solution (With Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensors)

@iharyadi I just received your environmental sensor I bought from you on EBay. Also does this need an external antenna, if so where does it go?

Hi Joel,

The current board does not need external Antenna. You may have my older model. At that time, I was trying out which configuration member here find suitable for them. It turn out external antenna module is very low in term of ā€œwantā€. Most member here, prefer the antenna that is built in the PCB.

So to answer your question, please do not install any antenna. This module should work out of the box as is.

Thanks
Iman

Is there a way to configure the reporting frequency, like to every minute of your module?

Iā€™ve bought both the STM32 and the AD8495. If I donā€™t get to over my head Iā€™d like to try and hook up a water level sensor to the stm32 as well as the DS18B20 temp probe, to read the lake water, and use the AD8495 and K sensor for the freezer. Iā€™d like to ask for your help with the wiring once everything gets here this week.

https://www.vegetronix.com/Products/AquaPlumb/

This is the water level sensor I was looking at.

For standard Light, Temperature, Humidity, pressure, it will follow zigbee configuration. It can be configured to report data per minute.

For serial port, the interval should be controlled on the arduino side.

Let me know when the time come. Wiring should be ok.

Have you work on Arduino before? I have a extra STM32 bluepill + DS18D20. I can upload the sketch and send you one if you like. I could have send them together with your order but it is a bit late now. I do have extra if you want it. This way you do not have to deal with programming Arduino.

Thanks
Iman

Iā€™ll buy the parts and repeater from you, for the stm32 solution. I hadnā€™t ordered the repeater for this project yet only the components. Just let me know how you want it transacted.

Doug Pitman
314 223-1274

Sorry, I did not answer this sooner. Donā€™t worry about the STM32 and DS18B20. I will give them to you for free. They do not cost that much. Just let me know when you are ready. I will ship them together with the repeater.

I was informed from a member here that Ebay will charge shipping on each sensor for international order. Meanwhile, I can easily combine shipping to one box easily up to 5 sensors.

If you are planing to purchase the sensor and ship it internationally through ebay, please send me PM on Ebay. I can refund your shipping cost for the sensors after the first one up to 5 sensors.

As last resort, If Ebay is not possible, please PM me here. I should be able to arrange something.

Thanks
Iman

1 Like

is there the possibility of connecting multiple ds18b20s ?

I believe so. Infact, DS18b20 can be connected serially. In this case, each ds18b20 need to be pre configure with different address.

Or you should be able to connect them on different pin.

Hi,

I am looking for a replacement for an Aoetec 6. I really only care about the humidity sensor. I use SmartThings and WebCoRE.

Hi David,

The sensor come with Humidity reading as part of BME280 Bosch sensor.

Thanks
Iman

Ok, is the external antenna a requirement?

The latest version come with PCB antenna only. You donā€™t need to add the external antenna.

I was going to do a video of this use case but wasnā€™t sure how to make it effectiveā€¦ I worked with Iman using one of his environmental sensors , an Arduino board (STM32 bluepill) and a DS18D20 Temperature sensor. I use this set up to tell me the temperature of the lake we live on (webcore, smartThings Alexa), It is set up to announce through Alexa at 7:30 in the morning and also when I ask alexa what the lake temperature is. I added 15 feet of wire to the sensor so it would reach the lake and installed the probe under my deck using 1" conduit going down into the lake to protect it from the extreme wave action. The Environmental probe and sensor are in a waterproof box that is thin enough for the signal to travel the 100 feet to the next hop.
Next is to add a sensor that will read the water depth, since we get flooding several times a year.
I would like to find a clear outdoor box so the Lux sensor will be useful.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

br
Iman

Does anyone have a 3D printed enclosure?

Thanks

Thanks to ArsenAā€¦ He made a case for one variant of the sensor that may fit the current one.

You should be able to start with this one and probably modify it a bit if needed.

Thanks
Iman

With the Classic app apparently going away in a few weeks, does that mean these sensors wonā€™t work anymore with the ā€œnewā€ app?
I have motion sensors, water sensors, sound sensors, just showing ā€œchecking statusā€¦ā€ @iharyadi

@Awas, the short answer is I do not know.

The long answer is that the new App will work with existing device. In the future (not at this migration stage), the custom driver may not work anymore. I am not 100% sure for Zigbee device. The child device driver for expansion may still work at this coming classic to new app migration. There may be some small changes on DTH meta data is needed.

The future ST migration stage probably is more challenging for us. The classic deprecation in theory should still support us.

Obviously, I am not an expert on the classic to new app details. I could probably wrong.

I will try to keep up with ST if the conversion do not require significant effort.

Thanks
Iman