Etekcity Wireless Remote Control Electrical Outlet Switch for Household Appliances, White (Learning Code, 3Rx-1Tx)

This product works with smart things ?

Etekcity Wireless Remote Control Electrical Outlet Switch for Household Appliances, White (Learning Code, 3Rx-1Tx)

They are not directly supported. There are a few community members who have built an arduino device as a bridge. So it can be done, but it requires technical skills and at least two additional devices.

2 Likes

:frowning: thanks for the info

Check out my Particle Photon Code here:

And SmartThings Device Handler here:

A little slow on this site lately so sorry if I don’t respond immediately. I also did the same project using the SmartThings shield for arduino, let me know if you want to that instead. (Not recommended.)

1 Like

Will this integrate the plugs?

A good amount of 433mh switches. Check out:

Need to intercept the codes first. Plain arduino does a good job of that.

My first ever post in Community so I apologize for any etiquette faux pas. I also want, though this may not be the best place, to thank everyone who submits SmartApps and Device Handlers to SmartThings community. Everything I have wanted to do with my SmartThings system has had a solution!

With that preamble, here is my real post: For those who are not technically capable (I am not today nor in the near future) to build and program an Arduino, it has already been done with the Hook https://www.hooksmarthome.com/ (I bought mine during Kickstarter campaign a year or so ago). I have had my Hook connected to 10 of these Etekcity plugs (I don’t know what max is but I think it is related to radio signals - only using 5 normally, other five are used at Christmas time for lights). I have set up simulated switches for each plug and connect them to SmartThings via IFTTT. I now can use plugs with any SmartApp or Routine that uses switches. Before SmartThings, I set the time they came on and off but sunset shifts would require me to adjust those times in IFTTT a few times a year. I now have a sunset +minutes routines set for when I am not home and I think it makes them seem less “timer” and more random.

Anyone looking for my code, I recently deleted everything from GitHub for a personal reason. If anyone wants it feel free to PM me.