Error 36-302 Please Help!

Hi,
I’ve had my Smartthings Hub V3 since 2019 and I’ve always been happy until now.
I have now bought a new one because I want to make a second apartment smart. This is a Smartthings Hub Wifi.
I just can’t get it installed.It always comes Error 36-302.
Is there a way to upgrade the software without adding my hub?
Please help me
Greetings Roland

I’m sure that’s very frustrating. :disappointed_relieved: What’s the exact model number of the new hub? It should be on a label on the underside.

also, see the following discussion:

Samsung Connect Home. Can not setup 36-302 Error

Also, if yours is a “connect home“ model, I recommend returning it, and getting one of the newer models instead. That one has been discontinued, the firmware is not being updated very often, and it will not support the same features as newer hubs.

If you intend to use zwave devices, the current hub is the one from Aeotec. Make sure you get the model for the region where you live as Z wave is on different frequencies for North America and Europe/UK.

If you don’t intend to use zwave, you could consider the less expensive smartthings station, which supports Zigbee, thread, and matter devices.

The model is ET-WV523

Ok, that model is newer than the connect home, but it’s still is not as up-to-date as the other two I mentioned, does not receive firmware updates as often, and have all the new features. (For example, it does not yet support matter bridges.)

So if it was me, I would still return it and get one of the newer models, but obviously that’s up to you.

Thank you for your quick answers. I think i return it and order the Aeotec Hub. The smartthings station is not availible in Europe actually.

1 Like