Edge Shelly drivers for Gen1 and Gen2 Devices

Did you try the IP change procedure that I recommended?

Non so come devo fare

Sorry, but that didn’t get translated to English!

I don’t know how to do it

Sure you do! You had to configure the IP address for the device when you originally created it:

1. Tap on your Shelly device in the SmartThings app to open it up to the Controls screen.
  2. Tap on the 3 vertical dot menu in the upper right corner
  3. Tap on the ‘Device Address’ field and change the IP address to something unused. Then save it.
  4. Wait a half a minute, then tap the ‘Device Address’ field again and set the IP back to the correct value.

ah ok I just have to change it and put it back ok sorry I didn’t understand it’s the translator’s fault.

1 Like

today it happened to me again… all the Shellys no longer worked, neither from the SmartThings app nor with the routines. the problem is Edge drive, because from Shelly apps they work. I restarted the hub and everything worked again. What can it be? And above all, is it possible to activate some alerts when this happens? A request to change status would be enough, if it doesn’t happen,Raise an alarm. I don’t know if it can be done :person_shrugging:

Are you able to run the CLI? I really need to see what could be happening from the logs. I know this is a random occurrence and could be hard to capture.

I understand this has got to be frustrating for you. I think I’m going to have to implement some kind of periodic communications check with each device to make sure they are still connected, and if not, start a connection-retry sequence. I don’t know what could be causing it in the first place.

This is on my long list of to-dos…

1 Like

no CLI unfortunately for me

Hi,
I would like advice regarding the Shelly UNI device, is it possible to display the values ​​from the connected sensors (temperature, humidity) in the smarthings app, when I add it, it will only be displayed as a switch or ON/OFF

are there any controls with which I could get data from the connected sensors?

well thank you

https://www.shelly.cloud/en-sk/products/product-overview/shelly-uni

@taustin ‘s To-do list…:wink:

Thanks for everything you do for the community—it is much appreciated! :tada:

1 Like

I understand that you certainly have a lot to do, and I’d like to wait until this comes up in your long to-do list.
I would like to wait and I will be grateful when you manage to implement UNI shells in shelly device creator.

I wish everyone a nice evening

1 Like

No problem, I will get it done hopefully within the next few weeks. @Channelk has also asked about this one. As I mentioned to him, it would be helpful if you could let me know exactly what properties and controls you need, as this particular device has a lot of options and I want to make sure I meet both of your needs.

So it’s helpful that you mentioned the desire to see the external sensor data. Have a look also at this documentation and let me know which elements are most important to you, particularly:

• settings properties “names” elements
  • relay data
  • acds (this one is unique to the Uni, so I’m not sure how it’s used
  • external sensors (which you already mentioned)

@Channelk - please comment also if you have particular needs. Maybe show me some screenshots of your tasmota devices if they meet your needs, so I can see the fields and controls they are providing.

ADC is analog to digital conversion and is used to connect an analog signal to the device and convert it to digital so you can use it in a Home Automation system.

Here’s a Shelly Uni example, using a 12 V fan

And here’s a more general tutorial on the concept

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/combination/analogue-to-digital-converter.html

And for the Shelly Uni:

The ADC range can measure any voltage from 0 to 30 VDC

My Uni is installed into a garage door controller which has a battery back-up - so for me the relay outputs and status / digital inputs were essential so I could open/close the door and confirm that the door had travelled to its open/close limits via the limit switches switching the 12V supply as a wetting supply back to the Shelly input.

The ADC function to measure the backup battery voltage is then a ‘nice-to-have’, but not essential (measure battery voltage to monitor when it needs replacing).

I have no use for the DS18B22 or DHT22 sensor functionality.

Unfortunately, I’m away from home for two months (why I needed to get it sorted urgently), so I can’t send a screen-shoot of the Tasmota interface but if it helps I can provide the following:

1. GPIO assignment.
  2. A rule that needed to be implemented in order for the device to send the input status upon state change, without the rule it only ‘sent’ the status each TelePeriod.

I’ve also inverted once of the contact inputs via a Tasmota setting to account for the limit-switch position on door OPEN, and a couple of other rules to issue WebQuery commands to other http devices when the door is open/closed.

I’ve had a look at the documentation page you linked, but not sure how to provide feedback on that. Would it be helpful to copy that into excel and then put a yes/no against each element in terms of usefulness?

1 Like

I still use UNI to monitor temperature and humidity. I chose it mainly because I can connect external cable sensors when I want to monitor the temperature and humidity outside, because the devices on the market are not completely built for the outside and especially the battery would almost run out at temperatures below freezing.

I have more possibilities of use in mind, I’m just stuck on the fact that I can’t use it in smarthings

I would also like to point out that shely UNI is a two-channel device. even in shelly cloud they are added as two devices and the same in smarthings, this is because it is possible to monitor two ADC inputs and control two independent outputs, even if the sensor values and voltage monitoring are displayed the same in both. if someone wanted to control both outputs independently, he would have to define them with different names

it would be good to know the ADC input value in volts, temperature and humidity values (according to the sensors used)

it would be quite good to use it as a two-channel thermostat, low temperature, turn on the heating - high temperature, turn on the air conditioning

1 Like

1 Like

when the DHT22 temperature and humidity sensor is connected, it supports only one, it will display only one temperature and one humidity, when only the Dallas replot sensor is connected, it supports up to three, so it can display 3 temperature values from each sensor

Thanks for all the feedback on the Uni.

Regarding the two relays, what is the advantage of creating two separate devices in SmartThings as opposed to having two components representing each relay contained in one SmartThings device? Automations can be built around specific relay states in either implementation.

It certainly is possible to create two separate SmartThings devices but it adds complexity in the driver, so I want to understand why it would be beneficial. Is this needed for integration with other external systems that can’t deal with the new SmartThings device schema?

Hi, I wanted to know, please, if there is a version update for shelly 1pm plus
Great appreciation
Mor