[Edge] IKEA RODRET, SOMRIG and SYMFONISK Gen 2 Button Edge Driver

There could be more issues, like bad repeaters in the Zigbee network, unreliable firmware in the button or just faulty, etc. That shortcut button doesn’t have good reviews, so maybe it only gets along fine with IKEA devices.

Try with other models, although it’s true that there’s no model that small like the old shortcut button.

1 Like

The way the button shows up in St is as a Main button, Button 1, and Button2. The issues arise that when pressing the Button 1 (Open), sometimes it registers as Main, and the same if I press Button 2 (Close) it registers as main. Other times, it doesn’t register the trigger at all.

I have 8 Ikea blinds and buttons all throughout my home, and they all have the same issue. I’ve tried removing/resetting the buttons and adding it back. Setting Main as open or close and still nothing fixes the issues.

Any help or tips would be highly appreciated.

“Main” in SmartThings is a catch-all for convenience that will trigger with any button press, so that screenshot looks good (triggering button1 and main or button2 and main). Usually in routines you use button1 and button2, not main.

If sometimes the button does nothing when you press it, that’s a reliability issue as commented before and not driver related. Could be the firmware, bad repeaters, SmartThings issues, etc.

Oh, I understand now. Thank you.

Thanks so much for this driver @mocelet

I have the Rodret operating my Ecobee through my Smarttings hub now! One click on, one click off, long press heat up, long press heat down.

1 Like

Hi,

This comment probably belongs in a newbies/setup thread, so thnx for your forbearance.

Im brand new to setting up a smart home, and home assistant.

Is this a method to connect the ikea remote products directly to your home assistant hub? /as opposed to finding a way to intergrate a dirigera hub?

I purchased a home assistant green- so probably need to get a zigbee dongle for this to work?

Thnx :slightly_smiling_face::pray:

This is the Samsung SmartThings forum and this driver is valid for the SmartThings hub. For Home Assistant refer to their forums or reddit.

1 Like

lol. thanks!

1 Like

I’m using the Symfonisk Gen2 button to control Sonos speakers and the volume control seems to be limited to a set percentage for each button, no up/down at all.

am I missing something, or is that just how it is?

That depends on the Sonos integration, I remember a post talking about relative volume control, it can be done but it’s a bit cumbersome, check it out:

Ok, that not only gave me a solution but also led me down a rabbit hole of JSON and rules that opened a lot more possibilities for me.

thanks, you were a huge help!

2 Likes

Hi,
I have Somrig button. Driver and device worked really well until I replaced the battery in a button. After that ST wouldn’t get commands etc so I removed device and paired it again. Now I’m running into an issue where each command is repeated again after ~ 15 seconds. So if I hold button 1 [.] it gets triggered and then gets triggered again 15 seconds later.

Any ideas on what could be causing it?

Happens with all the buttons and events or just hold? It’s probably something with SmartThings internals or the button sending the event again because it thought it was not processed. The driver has a feature to auto-repeat the Hold but that does not take 15 seconds and it’s disabled by default.

If it happens only with Hold you can enable in settings “Enable Toggled-up on release”, at least it will be more evident that the button or SmartThings are duplicating events.

I had to factory reset one of the buttons too, I don’t remember if it was the Rodret or the Somrig or both. I guess there’s a firmware issue in those models since it did not happen in the Styrbar or the Symfonisk gen2. Fortunately it was just once months ago.

BTW, the Somrig also suffers from bad debouncing when holding it, but again, the duplicates would not take 15 seconds.

1 Like

@mocelet thank you for prompt response!

So I think it was button’s fault - I pressed the button, then quickly took out the battery and only one press was registered.

Since you mentioned factory reset – I did the same thing (4 clicks of connect button) and then went through the proper process of pairing it and the issue seems to be gone. Thank you for your help and pointers!

4 Likes

@mocelet i add the Somrig button and the 1point button when i click activate the 2 buttons at same time.
Can it be fixed?

thanks

Just to confirm, if that second button you see activated is Main, that’s normal, it’s a SmartThings catch-all button that always activates no matter the button you press.

The actual individual buttons are Button 1 and Button 2.

If your history looks like the user I was replying to few comments above, it’s fine, the correct events are button1 and main or button2 and main.

3 Likes

Now it show the “3” buttons. :grinning: thanks for the help :ok_hand:

1 Like

Anybody found out how to use the brightness buttons to gradually increase/decrease brightness?

If SmartThings supported relative brightness actions it would be piece of cake, but surprisingly it does not support it.

Some alternatives are:

• A custom driver for the lights which has relative actions, and you just assign the “increase 10%” for instance to the button.
  • A bunch of routines like “if increase button is pressed and brightness is less than X%, set it to X%”. With X being for instance 10, 20, 30… 100. And same for lowering.
  • The Virtual Scene Switcher driver I made, you’ll need few routines but less and simplified.
2 Likes

Kinda off-topic, but anyway:

This one was missing in my box, but that’s expected, because IKEA…

4 Likes