[Edge drivers] Modifying a driver from another developer (having the source files)

I think I have just belatedly realised what is going on. Could you type …

smartthings config:reset

… and then try again. I think it has saved a default channel for you and it isn’t one of yours. Hence it doesn’t prompt you and you get an error.

1 Like

excellent! It’s working now!
Smartthings config: What does the reset command reset?
But I still don’t understand what kind of mistakes I made and what led to the current situation?

If I change my local driver code, what needs to be executed to apply to the link I invited?
Instead of creating a new link, you need to click Install again

After testing, I understand.
Just execute it locally
smartthings edge:drivers:package [path_to_driverDirectory] --channel=channelId --hub=hubId
The new version will be updated to the original link, instead of creating and replacing a new link

@orangebucket
I have installed the 4gang switch
Do you know where to find the driver of 1gang and 2gang dimming device?

If you want to create a new version of the driver with a different ID, that does not overwrite the previous version, you have to change some character in the packageKey field of the config.yml file.

Do you see it says ‘Do you want to save this as the default?’ after you select the channel? If you say yes it will save the channel you chose as the default and never ask you for a channel again. It can do the same thing with hubs.

Unfortunately it doesn’t say words to the effect of ‘using the default channel’ to remind you that is what it is doing. The saved answers are what you are resetting.

OK, I see what you mean.
The packageKey is unique.
Thank you very much for your help!!!

Do you want to save this as the default
After that, I always choose ‘no’
For example, the default is channel 1, but I am actually creating an invitation with channel 2, so it will fail. Unfortunately, it doesn’t remind me very intelligently that I have set the default parameters.

If you want to change the name of the driver, without changing its ID, then only change the name of the driver in the name field of the config.yml file

If you want to change the name and ID of the driver, you have to modify the name and packageKey fields of the config.yml

OK, very detailed!
This experience should provide some help to those who need it later!