[Edge drivers] Modifying a driver from another developer (having the source files)

I also have a two-way dimming. Do you know which driver I should use?
zigbee-light-multifunction-v6
I added the fingerprint of my device to this routine

Only one drive is available, and the second drive does not appear.
How to make the 2gang dimmer available like the 2gang switch

You are added fingerprints for 1 gang devices too and assigned the child-switch profile
The child-switch profile was not created to be assigned to a single-gang device. This profile lacks the refresh capability. But don’t add it, it will give errors in child devices.

this profile was created to follow the child devices created from the multi-component profiles.

If you want to use a profile for 1 gang, create different single-switch or single-outlet profiles with the cable switch and refresh

This driver has no profile for multi-component devices

You mean there is no driver suitable for two-way dimming?

you mean this?

I don’t have it at the moment

Yes, but are You created profiles?

When my 4Gang uses the driver shown below, it runs normally.

But when using the driver I downloaded from your GITHUB, there was a problem. After clicking Close on the APP, the device will be closed, but soon the APP will display Open again

Is there any difference? I downloaded it on 11.13

Yes, I just don’t want the functions in the single switch. After that, I will slowly delete some functions.

Do you know where to find it? Or when will you provide it? Thank you very much

You can use the stock zigbee switch code

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo Mariano_Colmenarejo
I just downloaded your driver again and reinstalled it
There is no such problem as the wrong display of opening soon after the APP is closed
I didn’t modify the hardware
Is it repaired? Or is there a problem with my previous operation?

@nayelyz
@Mariano_Colmenarejo

If I want to create an invitation according to this prompt, I will always be prompted with the content of the above picture. Do you know how to operate?

You are using Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Test which is in testing and has quite a few differences from the one on the channel and gthub.

Child devices created with one and the other may not be compatible.

If it works well with the Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Test, it should also work well with the Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Mc, as long as you don’t mix devices created with one and another driver

Are you try with my driver Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Mc installed from my channel without modifications?

This is a weird request, which version of the CLI are you using?
Generally, when we execute the command smartthings edge:channels:invites:create, the CLI asks us to select a channel to which the invitation belongs. For example:

I think it fails because that value wasn’t included in your request. Can you execute this command, please?

smartthings edge:channels

Also, something important to note when modifying other’s drivers:

1. To integrate your devices, you need to make sure that:
    • You add its fingerprint and assign the corresponding device profile
    • You check if the driver doesn’t have subdrivers where the particular configuration is located. If it does, you need to add the corresponding configuration so the correct subdriver controls your device.
      For example, if the driver already supports another 4-gang device, it could control yours.
      In this case, Mariano added the fingerprint fo you, so, unless you want to add another specific config, you can use his driver directly (without downloading it from GitHub).
  2. For your personal use, you just need to package, assign to a channel, and install the driver in your Hub. The invitation is only to share the driver with external users.
    Note: If you’ll base on someone’s driver and share it with others, a good practice is to give the corresponding credits to the original developer. This also helps to track down the corresponding person for troubleshooting the “base code”.
  3. To troubleshoot easily, the logcat is used to see where/when the error occurred. Sometimes, when we modify another’s code, we can break the main functionality, that’s why you need to do it carefully.
    • You can make the changes one by one to see how the driver behaves and notice better what caused the issue
    • Also, be clear about which part you modified, providing the file’s name and line and the code you added is super helpful.

The command you entered is incorrect > smartthings edge:channels:invitations:create. It’s: smartthings edge:channels:invites:create

I downloaded and installed it again, and now there is no problem
It is also no problem to choose the driver you created the invitation with.
I don’t know why the version downloaded before is wrong
Fortunately, it works well now
It’s just that I haven’t created an invitation yet. I will continue to try and send results
Thank you very much

I downloaded the latest version of last week, but my attempt to obtain the version number was unsuccessful, so I cannot provide the version number

I execute instructions from the CMD window of the computer
When I double-click smartthings.exe, I will exit quickly
I don’t know whether these two operation methods will affect my above operation results
How did you open the smartthing execution window

@nayelyz
Can you see the problem?
I also searched a lot, but I can’t find the reason. I can’t go on now.

I can tell that is a very recent version as the output from smartthings edge:channels has been cut down. It used to line wrap even if your window was the width of your screen.

The CLI is intended to be run from the command line as you are doing. That is the point of it. If you use the command smartthings --version it will show you the version.

It may help @nayelyz to help you if you type the command

set SMARTTHINGS_DEBUG=true

into the window before you run your command. That will cause it to show some extra diagnostics. It does look a bit unhappy about something. Normally when you type the smartthings edge:channels:invites:create you get to choose one of your channels first. I guess if you only have one it might skip the list but you seem to have two so it normally asks. Clearly the error message means something has gone wrong.

Can you see the problem?