Thank you so much @Mariano_Colmenarejo for all the time you put into these drivers, it’s truely a lifesaver since I can no longer use webcore. Using this driver to heat upstairs bedrooms with my wood stove turbine and radiant panels is really to do using routines and works really well.
My ST app is in french and some elements in the driver are ine french and others are in english. Is there a way to get the english parts of the driver translated in french? Is it something you’d have to do on your side, or is there a way I could do it myself?
Also, sometimes the temperature readings are wrong. When I look at the hourly temperature history, it’s usually between 20° and 22°, and I see some lines that says, for instance, 9.9°, and I know the temperature never dropped to that point. Some lines (hours) have no readings at all, but it always been like this even with the default driver (DTH?).
The stock capabilities use stock translations and the preferences and custom capabilities do not have translations, they are in English, as simple as possible, or with vocabulary similar to the manuals.
Making translations requires creating a file for each capability or preference for each language, in yml or json format and uploading it to the API and then creating a new presentation for each capability that includes the translations created.
Sorry, I don’t plan to go into this, I don’t know if I know how to do it either.
The custom capabilities are created in my namespace and could only be modified by me.
I think I’ll wait for smartthings to include an automatic translator.
The temperature readings that the driver emits are those that it receives from the device, driver does not perform any calculation, it only divides the received value by 100 and the app adds the correction that it has in settings.
The code is common for all users and models and I have not seen or reported it to me by anyone else.
would have to capture the value with the cli at that moment to analyze and see what the device sends.
Of course murphy’s law had to hit after I said it was working flawlessly. Now for some reason all my devices that use this driver have been showing offline in the last 20 minutes.
I’ve rebooted the hub, I saw them online for a split second and they went offline right away.
All my other devices are working as usual…
Actually, I think it was a problem on ST’s side. A lot of people are reporting errors tonight with edge drivers and internal server errors. I did get an internal server error last night at some point.
The sensors came back online after being offline for 2-3 hours last night and have been working well since.
Added a custom capability Device Info: where the information of the Group will be displayed, of the calculated temperature of the group and type of calculation followed by the temperatures of all the devices included in the group. The device that acts as controller thermostat is marked with * Device Controller: Name of the device.
The information of this capability is updated when any sensor in the group sends a new temperature value.
I have tested it with three Samjin motion sensors (aeotec)
In order not to increase the number of profiles excessively, I have removed the adjustment option from the set point temperature steps. I have left only the adjustment of steps of 0.5º.
If you want to change less than 0.5º you can manually enter the value with the keyboard
Please notify me of any errors you find and I will try to correct them.
I will try to implement it in the other Zwave and Zigbee drivers with child thermostat
Driver version will be updated automatically
Name Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc
Users who were using the Beta version Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat GROUPS must make a change to this new version of the driver, they will not lose any settings or routines and scenes
Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo, Again thanks for this. I have been testing and the functionality is excellent. Would it be possible to remove “State” as I am still receiving the “The device hasn’t updated all of its status yet. Check again later.” as the State is not available.
If the device works well, do not pay much attention to this message from the app.
It can appear when the app’s waiting time is exceeded due to network delays, which should have been reduced to speed it up.
I’ve been using the smartthings buttons as well for the temperature sensor for a thermostat. The button are stuck to the wall and presses are used to set different base modes and temperatures. e.g. Press = 16deg Off, double press = 16deg heat and hold =21deg heat. I’m using it with aeotec switches to turn on and of far infrared panels.
The groovy virtual thermostats have stopped working so would really appreciate having the an edge driver I could use, thanks
@Mariano_Colmenarejo Yes it seems to be working. It reads the temperature, set it to heat and change the setpoint to above current temperature and it changes to heating. and all the buttons do what they’re meant to as well. Cheers
It works great for what I could see. Buttons work as usual, temperature read is the same as before, and the computations to change the thermostat mode (heating, pending heat, idle…) work as they are expected to. Fantastic job! Thanks!!
I have been using this driver with my samjin/SmartThings button (IM6001-BTP15) in the last 3 days, it works, but doesn’t half the time.
With the default driver, I get temp readings in history every 10 minutes and it never missed one. With this driver, I get whole hours without readings in history. It’s missing about half a day every day. Also, since yesterday, when I go into the driver settings, it’s just a blank page.
I use routines for button actions and they’ve been working well so far
You may have to uninstall the device and reinstall it directly to this driver.
If the settings are not shown, some preferences may have a different format from the stock driver to this