(NEW RELEASE) Version BETA of the Edge Driver Zigbee Light Multifunction GROUPS
- Because local routines with multiple lights run very slowly and stock Light Groups do not control all functions, then I have added functions to control all paired devices directly from the driver with custom groups.
Changes and Improvements:
Added a preference to assign each device to a mirror group with a maximum of 10 groups. By default the value is 0, which is equivalent to no group assigned.
Added a preference to be able to create up to 10 child devices with RGBW-2000k to 6500k profile to control each of the 10 possible groups. By default it is false.
These child devices can control in group the functions Switch, Level, ColorTemperature, ColorControl and external input of Level and ColorTemperature in steps.
Added a custom capability “Mirror Group Function” that allows you to activate and deactivate manually or dynamically from routines the reception of commands from your assigned group. By default it is Inactive
how does it work?:
- If you want to simultaneously control several devices paired to the driver:
- Go to preferences and assign all the devices you want to manage simultaneously to the same mirror group number. Valid values between 1 and 10. Devices can have different profiles, switch-level, RGBW, RGB…
In one of the devices assigned to the group, create a Device Mirror Group Control in its preferences. New child device appears in the room were the Hub is. You can change the name to best identify
- Assign the created device to the same number of mirror group
- Activate the custom capability “Mirror Group Function” on all devices in the group.
- From this moment all the commands that you execute in the Device Mirror Group Control will be transmitted to each device in the group.
- If you send a color or color temperature value and some group device does not support that capabilities, the command will not be sent to its.
- I have maintained the new philosophy of smartthing with the level, when a level 0% is sent the device turns off, but it shows a level 1%
- You can create routines or scenes that send action commands to this Device Mirror Group Control and it will be forwarded on all devices.
You can create up to 10 different groups and 10 Device Mirror Group Control. Only one child will be created per device and never more than 10.
You can send from a button or a routine ColorTemperature or level steps increments to the Device Mirror Group Control and they will be sent to all the devices in the group.
Each bulb can continue to be managed individually and will maintain states until it receives a command from the group.
Each device in the group will execute the received commands according to the preference settings it has defined, level and colorTemperature limits, progressive ON, OFF, Circadian…
I’ve tried it with 5 bulbs simultaneously, I don’t have any more, 2 RGBW color x,y attributes, 2 colorTemperature and 1 switch-level.
I have not noticed an increase in memory usage of the driver, with the 5 bulbs and 2 child devices it has between 1200 kb and 1400 kb practically the same as with the driver without groups.
I don’t see it penalizing the hub or the network compared to using local routines with multiple simultaneous devices.
Rather, it reduces the use of the network and the Hub and I explain myself:
- When you have a local routine with simultaneous commands to turn on 5 devices, for example:
- The driver receives the commands sequentially for the 5 devices
- The driver executes the received commands and sends them sequentially to each device through the zigbee network.
- Each device receives the commands and sends the new status of the attributes to the hub via zigbee message
- The driver receives the messages and sends the events of each device to the platform
- With this group function executed within the driver, the 5 sequential commands that have to reach the diver from the routine become only 1 command.
The practical result I see is that it works much faster than with routines even if it is local.
The Beta driver is called Zigbee Light Multifunction GROUPS
Anyone who wants to try it just has to make a driver change without losing any routine or setting and if you find any errors, please tell me.
When it is tested enough I will merge them to the Mc driver
- At the request of a user, sorry I do not find who request it, I have also added a preference to be able to customize the levels and colorTemperature to use during the night period 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. in circadian function.
By default, the minimum levels of circadian function will be used.
You can choose to keep the last values established in the device when it is turned on
UPDATE 09 Feb:
At the request of @JKnight to add the BLINK effect on devices so that it can be used as a visual alarm or visible notification.
Not all bulbs or devices support the Identify cluster, “TriggerEffect” command.
OSRAM bulbs and I guess LEDVANCE and some others will accept it and they blink every second.
The TUYA bulbs, which I have, don’t support it and they simply blink indicating that they don’t accept it, for these bulbs the command is resent every 3 sec and has a similar effect.
It is managed with a custom capability Effects Set Command and can be activated and deactivated manually, with routines or scenes.
- It has the values Inactive, Blink ON and Blink OFF.
- When the Blink ON command is sent, the On command is also sent
- When the Inactive or Blink OFF command is sent, the light stays on, it is supposed to be activated by an alarm and it is better to stay On.
I have added to the profile of the mirror group control child all the functions that the RGBW profile has, which makes it easier to activate any manual function in a group, with routines or scenes.
- This group control function is completely optional and by default everything works as in the previous driver.
- Each device can continue to be controlled individually without affecting the group, the functions are synchronized in only one direction from the control device.
Driver Version will be updated automatically.
Users using the previous version of driver my need delete App cache to see the new capabilities of profile of Parent and Chil devices
Name Zigbee Light Multifunction GROUPS