EcoSmart Zigbee Remote

@BroderickCarlin @JDRoberts
I don’t think that having one more option for two buttons would be confusing.
It’s like you are saying that people are being confused with dimmer switches. No one is confused with on/off button when you can dim to 0% (off), and to 1-100% (on). It’s there as an option.
People are more (really) confused about buttons within app, that they can’t push. It’s only for decoration there. Buttons only show status of physical buttons.
Please put “held” option those two buttons in the middle as they can have good purposes, and think about making buttons actionable within app.

I don’t think it’s possible to define supportedButtonValues for only a subset of buttons on a single devices.

2 Likes

I may be (and probably am) missing something, but the I’m not seeing where including the “held” for buttons 2 and 3 would break any functionality. Seems like in your code, button 4 presses are set up to filter out the associated button 3 data, and apparently works regardless of the values stored to button 4 via held/long presses.

Mostly just curious how difficult it would be for someone to tweak it later to add “held” for buttons 2 and 3, but certainly grateful for the handler as it is.

1 Like

How did you get yours to show up on the smartthings hubconnect app? Also what view are you looking at in smartthings in the above picture?

First install the HubConnect Universal Button Driver on HE. Next, I used th older ST app. Click on “Select devices to synchronize…”

Click on Other Devices

Then click on Button Devices

And hopefully you will have option to select buttons from remote.

Thanks for the reply I already had the button driver installed. For some reason it doesn’t show the remote as a device that I can use. I’m also using the old app.

Since you didn’t specify, you have the HubConnect Universal Button Driver installed on the Hubitat Hub correct? Did the remote pair to the SmartThings Hub ok with the DTH that Broderick’s team created? If both answers are yes, i am afraid we have reached the end of my ability to help. :smiley: Sorry.

Thank you so much for this! Does “Button Controller” smartapp in the Classic app work? I couldn’t get the functionality I was looking for with this smart app.

Thanks again for the tremendous work.

I think it paired with the correct DTH.

I installed the ST dth from repo, reset the remote, paired through a scan in the new app and it connected with correct dth as well.

Even after I reset the remote, reinstall it with the correct ST DTH from the repo, I found my remote can still control ALL the ecosmart lights I have in my home, even I never pair the lights with this remote.

I can confirm, if I just reset the remote, it couldn’t control the lights anymore. But the moments I added it back to ST, it can control all the lights again.

I was able to resolve this issue by unpairing the remote from each bulb and re-adding each bulb to SmartThings. It remembered the devices including the names, rooms, and groups, so it wasn’t too much trouble to re-add them.

1 Like

You have to unpair remote and bulb, before factory resetting both. After factory reset pair bulbs with hub.
Now remote part. Install DTH from ST repo and pair it with hub. You have two choices, to use remote as 4 buttons in SmartThings app, or to pair it back with light bulb. It will continue to work as out of factory, but also would be available to be assigned in SmartThings.

2 Likes

Thanks hnahorton and milandjurovic71 for the replies, will try unpair first!

If you assign remote to hub and bulb(s), and decide to use it as buttons for SmartThings, that can create problems, as when you push button, it will do what is assigned in App and what is meant to do as factory assigned to the bulb. However, it could work well too. You can turn bulb on and off as factory intended, and have that same button turn off or on some other bulb.

Unfortunately, if you pair the remote to an Ecosmart bulb, or group of bulbs which is paired to Smartthings, all additonal Ecosmart remotes paired to Smartthings will also control that bulb or group.

I don’t think anyone has a solution to this issue other than not pairing the remote to any Ecosmart bulb paired to Smartthings.

Forgive me, but it has been a while since i’ve added a smartapp or device handler in the IDE.

in the IDE under settings I added a new repository with Owner as ‘SmartThingsCommunity’ and Name ‘SmartThingsPublic’ and Branch ‘master’.

then i clicked on ‘update from repo’ and clicked on ‘SmartThingsPublic (master)’.

under ‘New (only in GitHub)’ i clicked the box in front of ‘devicetypes/smartthings/ecosmart-4button-remote.src/ecosmart-4button-remote.groovy’

then at the bottom i clicked the box in front of Publish and then clicked on Execute Update.

at the top i get this message in a green box ‘Updated 0 devices and created 0 new devices, 0 published (1 skipped due to errors)’

so, what am i doing wrong?

note: i can add the code in manually, but i’d like to pull it in thru the repo.

I have 10 if this Lightbulbs with 10 remotes, all remotes unpaired, and some paired back to some bulbs, after paired to hub, and they work independently, not controlling all the lights. They work like they suppose to.

How do I get one? None of the homedepots in my area have any stock and it does not appear to be available online?

The Eria Dimmers I have only have HOLD available on buttons 2&3 because HOLD on 1&4 reset or put device into pairing mode.

1 Like