ecobee3 w/ External Sensors

@potus, I don’t know Nest very well, but as far as I know, there is very little data available thru its official APIs compared to Ecobee. Ecobee’s APIs have been around for many years;Nest’s official APIs are quite recent…

Bye for now.

I don’t expect real time motion events but if they make the current occupancy state of a room available that would be very very nice.

Hi, I got the following answer from ecobee about the ecobee3 remote data’s refresh rate this morning:

http://developer.ecobee.com/api/topics/what-will-be-the-refresh-rate-for-the-ecobee3s-remote-sensor-data?rfm=1

In brief, no details are available till the APIs are published.
Regards.

Hello @yvesracine, @Dianoga Were you able to to get an update from ecobee 3 remote sensors API if we can leverage them to use with our existing smartthings hub… Also, any confirmation if ST hub is compatible with ecobee 3 as till now ST product page has not updated eb3 as supported product…

Thanks…

Hi @Meero,

Ecobee3 is very well supported by My Ecobee Device, which is a custom device that exposes almost all ecobee 3 functionalities using the APIs.

If you want more detail, please refer to this thread:

You can also expose the ecobee3’s remote sensors as individual ST temperature and motion sensors.

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks , much appreciate…