Ecobee 3 & ST?

@Douglas_Dayton, My Ecobee Device supports all ecobee thermostat models: Smart, Smart-SI, ecobee3 and even EMS thermostats.

EMS thermostats are totally different from the other ones as they are meant to be used by large organizations such as schools, hospitals, restaurants, etc.

So, this exception occurs because your account does not have any EMS thermostats under it. It’s just a trace…

Don’t worry about it.

And, please support the developer!
Regards

But the problem is, nothing shows up in my ST. I also installed the sensors and nothing there either, it says I don’t have any compatible thermostats…

@Douglas_Dayton, if you have the latest version of my MyEcobee device and MyEcobeeInit and read the readme file.

See

And, followed the instructions below indicated at step 4 in the readme file:

After being connected, click ‘Next’ and select your ecobee thermostat(s) (SMART, SMART-SI, ecobee3, EMS) that you want to control from SmartThings and, then press ‘Next’ for the ‘Other Settings &Notification’ page, and then ‘Done’ when finished.

And, you cannot see any thermostats after pressing ‘Next’ following your authentication (login, ecobee->you are connected page), then I’d suggest to give a call to ecobee support and report the issue to them.

However, make sure first to press ‘Next’ before as you are supposed to select the thermostat(s), then press ‘Next’ to the ‘Other Settings & Notifications’ page, and then ‘Done’ before being able to see any of your thermostat(s) exposed to ST.

As far as the remote sensors are concerned, you won’t be able to do anything before your ecobee3 thermostat is exposed to ST.

There has been (very) few cases where ecobee support needed to make some changes to one’s account in order to make it work with ST.
Let me know.

The second entry into the login did the trick… that wasn’t quite clear given the success screen.

OK, glad that it worked for you w/o having to contact ecobee support.

BTW, there is a video that visually explains the authentication process for the ST stock device, and I’m basically following the same steps in MyEcobeeInit. The video is a bit outdated (as the UI has changed), but the main screens are illustrated.

Regards.

And, please support the developer!