Dusk-to-Dawn Dimming Motion Light - RC1

I was super-busy over the holidays so I didn’t pay attention to ST goings on . . . . seems like my sunrise handler has not fired at all in 2015 (lights have stayed on all day). Not sure what happened . . . it was working before. Is anyone aware of a platform-wide issue that could be causing this?

EDIT: Also, I discovered separately that using runIn for times less than 60 seconds is either prohibited or just unreliable. There is a runIn in my code I use in the routine the starts the lights at 30% and then transitions to the selected dimmed level after 3 seconds (a workaround for certain bulbs that will operate but won’t start at very low dimmed levels). So, if this runIn fails, the light will remain at 30% until dawn or until a motion event occurs. If anyone has a suggestion for a better way to do this, please let me know!

I just uninstalled and re-installed the app at my house to see if this corrects the problem with the sunrise handler not happening as scheduled. Not sure how it would, but just checking.

UPDATE: The un and re-installation of the app seemed to solve sunrise issue but only for one day. Once again, today, my sunrise handler did not fire as scheduled. I started a new thread to discuss troubleshooting options.

1 Like