Dumb aircon - smart hack?

There’s a simple no wiring solution for this, but it’s probably way more money than you want to spend.

There’s a Korean company, Naran, that makes tiny microbots which are essentially a robot finger. They just push a button. And they have their own Wi-Fi bridge which has its own IFTTT channel. So you pop one of the microbots on the on button and one of the micro bots on the off button and there you have it. :sunglasses: Both SmartThings and Alexa compatibility, no wiring required.

I myself am quadriparetic, so I have a couple of these around the house, and they work fine, they’re just expensive. In US dollars, $89 for the bridge and $49 each for each microbot.

I realize that’s probably more than you want to spend, but I did just want to mention it. They just come out with a second generation push micro but which has somewhat stronger gears and an IBeacon feature, so you can find a first generation on clearance at some vendors. The first generation is the one that I have, although I would recommend that most people get the second if the price isn’t that much higher just because it does have more features.

Reviews are all over the place because the initial app was terrible, but they did fix that in January or February 2017.

1 Like