I received some DCS-5009L cameras recently and decided to play around with creating my own device type, since there were so many other similar device types created. This is my first BETA release for this device type. Partly to help others in the same predicament, without a working device type, and partly to get a little help/advice from others on some issues I am having. Please let me know if you try it and your results…
- Go to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ and signin.
- Go to My Device Handlers section
- Add +New Device Handler
- Select “From Code” Header and Paste DCS-5009L Device Code
- Click Create, then on the Next Screen: Save and Publish: For Me
- Go to My Devices section
- Add +New Device
- Give it a name, like DCS-5009L-Patio and also a unique device ID (this will be replaced later)
- Select Type (at very bottom) DCS-5009L, and version "Published
- Select your Location and Hub. You can set Group later.
- Click Create
- VERY IMPORTANT: After creating your device, you must select the edit link next to preferences to enter your settings. A bug currently prevents this from working in the app, the app thinks there is an incomplete required field. [This is an area I could use some help or advice in, if anyone has an idea on what is going wrong.]
- Enter… Camera IP Address, Port (80), username (admin) [note: I assume you have security], password, and a camera preset setting if you have these setup. A name or number to match your DLink App.
- Select Save
- On Smartthings App, go into Marketplace and select Not Yet Configured.
- Select the DCS-5009L Camera, and confirm things are correct, click Next and Done to Save.
- All Done
v1.0.6 - First Public Release
- BUG: You must enter preferences in IDE when creating device or the app will present an error.
- Motion Detection is defined, but not confirmed working.
- Mixed Image results. Tested on 2 DCS-5009L cameras, one will display images, the other will not.
- Verified Movement, Presets, Home, Refresh