Dimmer switch with echo plus

Hey there! I want to buy a smart dimmer switch to replace the “not smart” one that exists. I have an echo plus. I think that needs a zigbee dimmer if I don’t want another hub. The only issue I am running into is it seems like the GE dimmer which is zigbee, requires a neutral wire. I’m not even sure if I have one. If I don’t, is there a switch at this point that won’t require that and will still work with the echo plus? I know there are ones that will work if I buy an additional hub. Would be nice not to have to do that though. I attached a photo of behind my light switch. I am guessing there is no neutral wire as this place was built in 1980. Any suggestions? Thanks!

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung smartthings home automation platform, which is a competitor to the echo plus. If you have your devices connected to one they can’t work with the other, and they don’t work with exactly the same set of devices. So I’m afraid you probably won’t get much help here. :disappointed_relieved:

Instead, I would suggest you just ask Amazon support, which has generally been very helpful with regard to the various echo devices and has a special team for answering the echo plus questions.

Otherwise you can get in touch with Jasco, which manufactures the GE – branded zigbee switches, and their support should also be able to help on this particular device:

1 Like

the best route is what JD said. The bundle of white wires in the back left of your box could be neutrals, though.

1 Like