Dim delay with 2 hue bulbs

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.
I have a gen 1 hue bridge and 2 hue bulbs hooked into SmartThings. I’m using Dim With Me to dim both bulbs simultaneously. It works great BUT one bulb dims split second faster than the other bulb. If I use the hue smart phone app and bypass using SmartThings, they dim at the exact same second with no delay. I’ve tried a different virtual Dimmer in SmartThings and still have the same issue. How can I get my bulbs to dim at the exact same second? Thanks for taking the time to read and help.

The short answer is that unfortunately you probably can’t get guaranteed simultaneous execution for commands that start from SmartThings.

This is called a “popcorn effect” and some members have been working with support on this for a couple of months and not been able to resolve it. :disappointed_relieved:

There is a new update scheduled for tomorrow, we can always hope that might improve things, but they haven’t said anything specific about this issue.

1 Like

As always, JDRoberts, thanks for the quick reply. The popcorn effect is the name I was trying to remember. Since it works so dang good with the hue app I’m hoping a fix can be implemented on the SmartThings end. Thanks again.

1 Like

There are a couple of user submitted replacements to the hue connect app, one mentioned in the above link… this allows you to trigger a scene on the hue hub, this won’t give you precise dimming just set scenes but this will be simultaneous…

1 Like

Because of the popcorn, I use a virtual switch to send an IFTTT request to then control a Hue scene. A little different, but I have about 15 lights in my basement and that popcorn drives me crazy.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies and help. I decided to install the smartapp Hue (Re)connect and have fixed the popcorn issue. My lights are now in sync and come on at the exact same time. Thanks again guys.

2 Likes