Devices we don't have

Thank you for the response, Edward! I see that it currently works with many other Zwave platforms such as ADT Pulse and Control 4, so it seems like an oversight not to have it as part of the ST universe of things, especially since there are no other blind controllers supported yet.

I would love to have my blinds magically open when I select “Good Morning” in the ST app. It would be one of the coolest features on the platform.

-Ryan

Nice! I’ve been wanting to see something like this so my thermostat can be controlled by the temperature in rooms further away rather than the temp at the thermostat.

Well it appears that I must save some money to try this controller. Then I should be able to build the device and add it to the smartthings eco system

The siren does not work as you would hope so, it recognizes the device but as a LAMP, so its difficult to integrate it with smartapps, I rather used IFTTT.

@ramv If I may ask, which siren are you talking about? And have you tried to set the Device through the IDE to a Siren type of device? Is it Z-Wave or Zigbee Compatible?

The siren is the one sold at LOWES made for IRIS, im kind of new in this so I didn’t knew about IDE. I did changed to a siren trough the IDE and now is working fine. THANKS.

Well that is good to know, it is a bit hit or miss with the Iris compatible devices. Glad to know that works. At some point, maybe we can get the signature for it. and setup a device to work with it automatically.

1 Like

supporting the Envisalink 3 without the need for an app running on a different server would be super useful.
http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176

2 Likes

+1 on the Yamaha setup. I am going to look deeper at that - I have the same.

Better hardware remotes to leave in guest bedrooms, on night stands, etc. See Lutron Caséta and their Pico remote for a perfect example.

6 Likes

+1 on better remotes. These are nice. I wish they were zwave or zigbee. I have an Aeon minimote. It’s good, but it is impossible to label. If I recall, there are a few INSTEON remotes that can have custom labels. But, I could be wrong on that…all the wine talking now!

1 Like

I would really like to see Qualcom Allplay integration if it is possible. I just picked up four Gramofons which will eventually have Allplay functionality and I would like to be able to control them in a manner similar.

+1 for a doorbell/big button.

I’d really like to have a doorbell, change mode button (disarm alarm, goodnight, evening), order pizza(etc) button, etc. Sometimes going for the super (iPhone) remote in my pocket just takes too much time.

Pick up an Aeon Minimote!

@broox wow hadn’t seen those but they look awesome and soon to be a night lit one http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/Components/PicoWirelessController/Overview.aspx

Something like that would work very very well.

3 Likes

I have the same thermostat working fine with SmartThings.

I know others have mentioned it, but I’ve built my own doorbell notification method with the input on this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HPIYJWU/

A step down (and conversion) from 16VAC to 12VDC with this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A6HABYM/

And then a simple 12VDC relay like this:

It’s not the prettiest solution, but is small enough to be hidden away from sight. I still need to come up with a way of replacing the battery in the sensor with a hardwired power source, but that’s simple enough, just getting around to actually doing it.

3 Likes

Here’s a few items from my list:

• Recessed door sensors
  • Buttons (from which mode changes, light control, etc. could be handled)
  • Remote status display/control paneln (that doesn’t require a phone)
  • Irrigation controls (valves, soil moisture)
  • Good external-grade sensors (IR motion, photoelectric beam, open/close)
3 Likes

NFC Door Locks using either your NFC enabled phone or a programmable NFC tag on your key ring. also NFC tags placed in rooms that you could tap your phone one to activate a scene.

1 Like

WHy use NFC? Just use Bluetooth, to detect your phone and apply your scene