Device handler for Better Laundry Monitor

Sounds interesting. I set up mine tonight and it works perfectly with the settings I choose. It would be more accurate if there was the ability for decimal point. But it works. What about the speaker thing? Any idea why it will not allow me to choose my speakers? if I knew how to change it I would.

Is it like IFTTT where, within your personal settings you have to grant it access to speakers/other components on your system besides what it is made for directly? I donā€™t know, purely hypothesizing

No speakers are available for all device types and apps. The speakers I use are native to SmartThings. I use them with WebCoRe and Big Talker and even Ask Alexa. The problem is that the line in the code is for a speech synthesizer, not a speaker.

Kevin the creator of Better Laundry Monitor has updated the app to include Music synthesizer. My speakers should work.

Does anyone have the last available version of Kevinā€™s Better Laundry Monitor code?

I looks like his github account has been blocked/locked:

https://github.com/tierneykev/SmartThings/tree/master/smartapps/tierneykev/better-laundry-monitor.src

Thanks.

Iā€™m also looking for the code. Have you had any luck @mals? If I find anything Iā€™ll let you know. I have a multi-purpose sensor and a Aeotec Doorbell that I use as a speaker for notifications. So far I can only find text notification for laundry. I might have to take a stab at writing something.

@buckaholic27 -

I have not looked into this since I wrote that post. Iā€™ve been in the process of moving from a one story house with laundry on the main floor to a duplex with the laundry down in the basement at the bottom of a set of old uneven staircase (the main reason I only want to make trips when I know the cycles are complete).

Your message prompted me to do a little more digging, and I was able to turn up an gmail address for Kevin. I just wrote to him directly and asked if he could provide me a copy of the code, and let him know that his Github account had been locked. Iā€™ll report back if anything comes from the email. Also, please check in if you find a working copy, or come up with a different solution.

Thanks for getting my eyes back on this.

@buckaholic27 (& anyone in the future looking at this) -

I received an email back from Kevin, and he setup a new git repo and uploaded the code here:

Awesome. That looks like it might fit the bill. I replaced my multi-sensor with an Iris smart plug. I used a device handler to get it added to my IDE and things were going good. As fate would have it, my washer died and Iā€™m currently in the process of getting a hand-me-down from my in-laws. Fun fun. I added Kevinā€™s code to my smart app list and hopefully I get to use it soon. Thanks for the effort in reaching out to him! :trophy:

I hate drumming this up from the dead, but is there a way to put a small delay in the power draw so if it is below 2w for 2 minutes consistent.

Anyone or does anyone know of a different smartapp?