[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

Suite 1.7.39, vents 1.7.16,
Guest room vent

Guest room (closed)

Ecobee suite manager

Ecotherm: Cottage

Just cell phone screenshots, be home later if need pc ones for better view.

Ecobee Suite Updates posted 29 November 2019 at 4:30pm EST

Fixes include:

• Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.7.30
    • Code optimizations to avoid SmartThings timeouts in setProgramSetpoint()
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.7.17
    • Fixed another condition where vents open/close operations weren’t working

These updates are recommended for all Ecobee Suite users

1 Like

My pics actually made it easy to find? Lol

Definitely changing state now, good work as always barry

1 Like

I just need a little data to track down most issues. Thanks for your help!

If I can provide anything just let me know

1 Like

Hi Barry, I am hoping you can help here I installed the ecobee suite. Everytime I click on done after authorizing the smart app, I get network or server error occurred. Try again later. I remember reading some where that I had to say I was on android which might be causing this, however I am unable to find that post or the setting. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Have you looked in the Live Logging for ES Manager - there might be errors in there that give us a hint

Hi Barry,
Thank you for replying. I found the error I had to go in to the My hubs and delete [Ecobee Suite Thermostat:TestingForInstall] and [Ecobee Suite Sensor:TestingForInstall] then it would connect. I have a question on the Smart Circulation helper. So What I want is, if my outside temp reads 60 degrees and my inside temp 75 degrees that it switch to heat with a set point of 75 degrees, then if the next day the outside temp reads 80 degrees I would like it switch cool with a set point of 75 degrees. Could you help me with the settings, I am finding it a but confusing, I think I need two one for heat and one for cool, with the setting -5 to -10 to heat and then 5 to 10 for cool. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Try using Smart Modes & Setpoints instead of Smart Circulation
I think it may be closer to what you are trying to accomplish

Thank you Barry! That was exactly what I wanted.

Sorry one more question, so I made one for my downstairs thermostat(good there) and when i go to do my upstairs when I go to select mode if the temp is above 80 the cool option isn’t there it is only has auto, heat, and off. Any suggestions?

That means that the thermostat isn’t configured to support Cooling (or that it isn’t properly reporting that it is configured for Cooling).

If the Ecobee Mobile App and the Ecobee Web App both give you the option to select Cool mode on the upstairs thermostat, we’ll have to do some digging to figure out why the configuration isn’t being reported correctly via the API.

First place to look is the thermostat device inside SmartThings - in the IDE, go to “My Devices” for your location, locate the Upstairs thermostat, and click on the name to open up the device status page. You should see a long list of attributes/states - check to see if coolMode is true - if not, copy all of the attribute/state page and send it to me in a Private Message, and I’ll have a look

Hi Barry,
Again thank you for the quick response. I looked under my devices and coolMode is set to true. Ecobee Mobile and EcoBee Web give the option to cool, it is just another ecobee thermostat for the upstairs Zone, so it has the option for both. The workaround I used is to set it to auto with the cool setpoint and really low heat set point. The other thing I was wondering is that, is there a option to just use the schedule instead of having to chose home or sleep. Right now I have it set if the outside temp reaches 65 it switches to heat home, what would be preferably if it just followed the heat
home and sleep schedule. Thank you for all your help Barry!

It would be helpful if you could send me the complete list of attributes/states for the thermostat device.

Check to see what supportedThermostatModes is set to, please. If it doesn’t include “cool” in the list, then do this:

• Edit Ecobee Suite Thermostat in your IDE list of My Device Handlers
  • At line 877, insert the following (before the line that reads resetUISetpoints():
        state.supportedThermostatModes = null
  • Save, and then Publish/For me
  • Open a separate window/tab, go to the IDE, and start Live Logging
  • On your mobile device, open the Upstairs Thermostat device
  • Tap the Gear icon (top right)
  • Tap on Save
  • Tap the Ecobee Bee icon
  • When the Bee reappears, click on it again
  • Go back and refresh the Upstairs Thermostat attributes/states display.
  • supportedThermostatModes should now include “cool”

Setting the program is OPTIONAL in ES Smart Modes, Programs & Setpoints - simply specify the Thermostat Mode that you want, and leave the Program blank - then the thermostat will follow the defined schedule, with Heat enabled.

Note that when you change setpoints using this Helper, it is actually

Hi Barry, I just installed your app using the GitHub Integration and successfully installed all apps and device handlers, enabled Oauth and connected with my Ecobee account. Your app shows up as Ecobee Suite for SmartThings under the my apps on my Ecobee account.

After the Ecobee API Authorization step in the app after tapping Save to save my credentials I’m getting a “Device still in use. Remove from any SmartApps or Dashboards, then try again” error.

Any suggestions?

Disregard I got it figured out.

I got my Ecobee on Wednesday, and it has worked great. I installed the Universal Ecobee Suite today on Smartthings Hub/App (I did have a couple issues the first time with authorizing my account on the API, but got it working). Ever since I connected my EcoBee to SmartThings, I am not getting any data on my Ecobee HomeIQ website, or from beestat.io. I had continuous data on those up until that time. Any idea what could be causing that?

I’ve never used either, but I just connected beestat.io to my account and it seems to be working (it’s downloading data at the moment).

Maybe the problem is related to the challenges authorizing for the API? Have a look at the Ecobee on-line webapp, click on the person icon at the top right, then click on My Apps and make sure all your apps are still authorized (you might be surprised what you find there - I was just now).

Barry, I updated to the latest release of the Ecobee Suite including the Open Contacts version 1.7.38. I like the changes however I noticed after updating I am not receiving push or SMS notifications and I am not hearing spoken announcements via Echo Speaks. The thermostat does shut off based on the open contacts configuration however it does not appear that notifications are sent. Any ideas?