[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

He he, people programming in webCoRE!

Look ma’, I made a rocket out of newspaper!

Mom goes: Eehhh

Look ma’, I am flying the paper rocket to the moon!

Mom: Eehh…

Look ma’ I made a programming language :wink:

Mom goes: pat pat!

3 Likes

… and pop goes, enough playing, Adrian is time to go to bed…

1 Like

i this supposed to be an insult?

I. Having an issue with this piston. In CoRE, it works perfectly. The motion sensor trips, the light come one, 30 seconds later the light goes off. In webCoRE, the light won’t turn off. As I watch the trace, about fifteen seconds in the motion sensor resets and that seems to shut off the piston. Can someone help? Did I set it up wrong?

Thanks. What I needed was both avg and how to access a device attribute. Should have read the manual. Looks like this:

avg([Motion 1 : temperature], [Motion 2 : temperature])

This is super handy!

1 Like

Nooooo! I was just patting my own back, people are using the features, I consider that a success, in no way was I trying to insult, you did great!

The “dialog” was between me and my mom :wink: and a reference to the “Despicable Me” movie. Me being Dr Dru - inside joke, I have a ton of minions around here :wink:

6 Likes

I copied this from the example piston in the wiki (I added a mode restriction).
It doesn’t seem to work as I expected - once the motion sensor is inactive and the countdown timer starts, it doesn’t “reset” if the motion sensor goes active again. The light will always turn off at the end of the timer. Any ideas?

@sockmonkey, try removing the cancel on piston change event.

@KellyDarren, I changed it to the default (Cancel on condition state change). Unfortunately it didn’t change the behavior. The light turned off after the timer despite the sensor going back to active.

@sockmonkey, I’ve noticed what I think is caching, I’m no expert and learn from trail and error. Even though u have made the change and old version may still be there (i may be completley wrong)Hit the test button.

Then retry ur test.

I just added two new routines in the smart things app, but they are not showing up in webcore.

EDIT: never mind.

I’m trying to figure out how to get this Piston to work below to send an SMS if there’s an Weather Warning/Advisory. I’m tried several ways already but not really sure what I’m doing wrong. My goal is to have the weather alert speak instead of SMS or use my lighting but wanted to get this one I created for a test working first.

Logs:
05/18/2017, 4:49:21 PM +224ms
+1ms +Received event [Nest Weather].alert = Severe Thunderstorm Warning with a delay of 101ms
+195ms ¦RunTime Analysis CS > 30ms > PS > 103ms > PE > 63ms > CE
+204ms ¦Runtime (42468 bytes) successfully initialized in 103ms (v0.1.0ab.20170517) (201ms)
+205ms ¦+Execution stage started
+223ms ¦¦Comparison Severe Thunderstorm Warning is_any_of Tornado Watch;Tornado Warning;Frost Advisory;Freeze Warning;Winter Storm Watch;Winter Storm Warning;Thundersnow;Tornado emergency;Wind chill warning;Wind advisory;Freezing rain advisory;Freezing spray advisory;Excessive heat warning;Excessive heat watch;Blowing snow advisory;Blizzard Warning;Blizzard Watch;Heavy freezing spray warning;Heavy freezing spray watch;Heavy snow warning;Hurricane force wind warning;Hurricane Local Statement;Ice storm warning;Lake effect snow advisory;Lake effect snow warning Lake effect snow watch;Storm warning;Snowsquall warning;Wind chill watch;Wind chill advisory;Winter weather advisory;Severe Thunderstorm Warning;Severe Thunderstorm Watch = false (4ms)
+225ms ¦¦Condition #2 evaluated false (12ms)
+240ms ¦¦Comparison is_any_of Tornado Watch;Tornado Warning;Frost Advisory;Freeze Warning;Winter Storm Watch;Winter Storm Warning;Thundersnow;Tornado emergency;Wind chill warning;Wind advisory;Freezing rain advisory;Freezing spray advisory;Excessive heat warning;Excessive heat watch;Blowing snow advisory;Blizzard Warning;Blizzard Watch;Heavy freezing spray warning;Heavy freezing spray watch;Heavy snow warning;Hurricane force wind warning;Hurricane Local Statement;Ice storm warning;Lake effect snow advisory;Lake effect snow warning Lake effect snow watch;Storm warning;Snowsquall warning;Wind chill watch;Wind chill advisory;Winter weather advisory;Severe Thunderstorm Warning;Severe Thunderstorm Watch = false (4ms)
+242ms ¦¦Condition #3 evaluated false (16ms)
+255ms ¦¦Comparison is_any_of Tornado Watch;Tornado Warning;Frost Advisory;Freeze Warning;Winter Storm Watch;Winter Storm Warning;Thundersnow;Tornado emergency;Wind chill warning;Wind advisory;Freezing rain advisory;Freezing spray advisory;Excessive heat warning;Excessive heat watch;Blowing snow advisory;Blizzard Warning;Blizzard Watch;Heavy freezing spray warning;Heavy freezing spray watch;Heavy snow warning;Hurricane force wind warning;Hurricane Local Statement;Ice storm warning;Lake effect snow advisory;Lake effect snow warning Lake effect snow watch;Storm warning;Snowsquall warning;Wind chill watch;Wind chill advisory;Winter weather advisory;Severe Thunderstorm Warning;Severe Thunderstorm Watch = false (4ms)
+257ms ¦¦Condition #4 evaluated false (14ms)
+270ms ¦¦Comparison is_any_of Tornado Watch;Tornado Warning;Frost Advisory;Freeze Warning;Winter Storm Watch;Winter Storm Warning;Thundersnow;Tornado emergency;Wind chill warning;Wind advisory;Freezing rain advisory;Freezing spray advisory;Excessive heat warning;Excessive heat watch;Blowing snow advisory;Blizzard Warning;Blizzard Watch;Heavy freezing spray warning;Heavy freezing spray watch;Heavy snow warning;Hurricane force wind warning;Hurricane Local Statement;Ice storm warning;Lake effect snow advisory;Lake effect snow warning Lake effect snow watch;Storm warning;Snowsquall warning;Wind chill watch;Wind chill advisory;Winter weather advisory;Severe Thunderstorm Warning;Severe Thunderstorm Watch = false (3ms)
+272ms ¦¦Condition #5 evaluated false (13ms)
+273ms ¦¦Condition group #1 evaluated false (did not change) (60ms)
+356ms ¦+Execution stage complete. (152ms)
+402ms +Event processed successfully (403ms)

How do I check if either of 2 motion sensors had turned active in the last 30 minutes?

Thanks.

Use the was condition

Any of motion1 and motion2 was not inactive for at least 30 mins?

1 Like

I am using the were condition but might be misinterpreting how less than and at least are evaluated. Some clarification on how the for is evaluated would be a big help.

For example how would this be evaluated?
was active for less than 30 minutes

Thanks!

Thanks, will try. But, I am also trying to understand how less than and at least are evaluated. If you would please help finish this sentence for the same condition, that would be a big help:

Any of motion1 and motion2 was active for … ?

Any of motion1 and motion2 was active for…

less than 30 minutes - either one would have been continously active for less than 30 minutes without reporting an inactive state, I think most motions reset after a few minutes though.

at least 30 minutes – continuously active 30 minutes or more…

That’s how I interpret it, not sure if it applies to motion sensors though because of the reset time I mentioned earlier. It’s the reason I suggested the line above…

Any of motion1 and motion2 was not inactive for at least 30 mins

@KellyDarren, thanks for the help here. I’m new to this (this is my first piston) so I really don’t understand the additional “complexities” that were originally in the piston or why they were needed. I simplified the piston, below, and it seems to work exactly as desired so far.

@eibyer Thanks. I was also interpreting them the same way.

The check you recommended seems to be the best option. Though I have this quirk, I try to write my ifs without not - but with binary devices like these motion sensors it doesn’t really matter. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.