[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

LOL, I know what you mean, the ‘not’ was not my first choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speaking of not, I had to exain one time to a coworker that not is not null was the same as is null …

2 Likes

Trying to wrap my head around WebCore. Just got it installed. Just wrote my first piston to turn a light off if it has been on for 5 minutes… now waiting to see if that happens.

If I read the wiki correctly one of the good things about WebCore is the ability to backup my Pistons, so that when the day comes that my Hub dies… and it will, at least I still have the pistons. So I don’t understand how to back them up…I choose auto backup, but it wants me to click a box for a code? I need to keep that code somewhere? I am not understanding this portion of it? I sure don’t want to believe I am backed up only to find out I am not… Thanks

@sockmonkey, no worries. Glad you got it sorted. The great thing with the pistons is there are many ways to achieve the end goal.

I am not seeing that box you are talking about. Can you post a screenshot? Enabling the backup is just a yes/no setting when you first create a piston, where yes means the backup has been enabled… (see picture below)

I am talking about the “Automatic backup” on the right of this attached jpg. I don’t understand the code it talks about… and I really don’t understand more so now that I read the first reply… I am really confused

Early webCoRE adopter, the community spirit here is amazing!

I’m trying to automate a “Wake Up” mode.

Pre-setting as Su-Th hardcoding covers most use cases, but for holidays and other non-working days, I’d like to not run the Wake Up piston. I can write a REST API that will return a simple JSON response.

Is it possible to store the result of a Web Request in a variable so I can use it in a conditional block?

Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks!

Have you looked at the GCal Search smartapp? It might work for setting up schedules that can be used by webCoRE for triggering your Wake Up piston.

I avoid it as much as possible, it just confuses me when I’m trying to put something together :smiley:

Why can’t I use emojis when using location to send a SMS or Push notification?

In core, I used to have “:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️” as a push and SMS notification when my wife’s phone changed to present. I can’t do that in webcore. I try to save it and the piston just hangs and never gets saved.

I could have sworn there was an “Ask Alexa” Action available. Just thought of a cool Piston to create and now can’t find it…where’d it go? No doubt I’m missing it somewhere…

Will this piston run? I got a note when I created it saying it’s not subscribed to anything so it will never run on its own. My intention was that is run when the illum level falls below the prescribed level, within the time perimeters and restrictions. Comments?

I got it to repeat but now it will not stop. It keeps repeating even though the contact sensor(front door) is closed.
I had to pause it because it was driving my wife crazy.

Any of Motion Sensor 1 or Motion Sensor 2 motion stays active for 30 minutes

Should the for condition above be interpreted literally or interpreted as following?

Any of Motion Sensor 1 or Motion Sensor 2 motion stays (but really means was except it’s a trigger here not a condition) active in (not for) last 30 minutes

Thanks.

Can’t see why it wouldn’t work. I have a very similar one that uses AccuWeather illuminance to do the same thing. One way to test would be to put it at a setting you know will trigger and run it (1000lms or something like that)

I think the trigger is after the 30min timer. The motion sensor goes active and kicks off a timer. If the timer hits 30min and the sensor is still active it’ll fire the trigger. The moment the sensor goes inactive the timer clears

Issue with that I can see is if your motion sensors quickly change to inactive then you’ll likely never get the trigger. Might consider the inverse argument. If any of the sensors does not stay inactive for 30 min (or something like that)

Is line 47 supposed to be open or closed?

It is supposed to be closed. Can’t believe I did not catch that one. Helps to have other eyes looking at it some times you just miss that obvious. Thanks

Changed it to close and thought it was fixed just went off again will pause it again darn.